PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Received a lot of 5 pipes. All Kaywoodies. But I have some unanswered questions. There are two hand mades, one is the large author and the other is a bent bulldog super grain. Neither have a stinger and are push stems, logos on large author so white circle with black clover, the other is white clover only.

Then I have an unsmoked Super Grain 11 billiard with a small 4 hole stinger. The ball is also not quite like I've seen, not quite round almost squashed.

The 4th of the group is a Matched Grain 14 bent billiard Push stem no stinger, and top mounted logo and lastly a Prime Grain 07 billiard with a white circled(on side)black clover stem with three hole stinger.
My question is when did they use push stems without a stinger?
Sorry I don't have pictures as my hosting site is giving me troubles and will try to post asap.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Kaywoodie still makes hand made pipes and they are priced accordingly. Here's my only Kaywoodie. Very nice pipes.
2C96odR.jpg

lWwsZiZ.jpg

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Good looking set. The small 4-hole and the 3-hole stingers are from the late 40's through early 60's. Those Handmades are really nice and definitely from the 50's. Nice score.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wow, it's a Kaywoodie festival. Let me say that no one should avoid Kaywoodie stingers. Mostly I don't buy stinger pipes or remove them (labeled and saved). They don't improve the smoking at all for me. However, I do own a Kaywoodie Drinkless, and the stinger is no problem. I just remember to wipe it down when I pipe cleaner the stem. As many know, the Drinkless has a screw-in stem that is part of the stinger, so you can't remove it, but as noted, the pipe is worth it and it's no problem.

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
This is probably a really stupid question, but are the KW "Hand Made" pipe truly hand made? Not factory assembly line production, or what ever the alternative would be for how KW's are made?

Very nice pipes you got there, voorhees.

Status
Not open for further replies.