PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2013
I came across this lovely fat rhodesian last Sunday night on ebay as a buy it now and grabbed quickly. It appeared to be in great shape and now that it is home and cleaned up I am very pleased. There had recently been 2 other smooth Kaywoodie Hand Made's on ebay that I saw but missed. I am excited to give it a smoke. Here it is pictured with my other Kaywoodie Hand Made fat bent pot.

FullSizeRender-62_zpsrumbnsn8.jpg

FullSizeRender-63_zps4rlu2wpk.jpg

FullSizeRender-64_zps1kj7jviv.jpg

FullSizeRender-65_zpswpos8evq.jpg

FullSizeRender-66_zpsjld2esfh.jpg

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Those are lovely. They look fantastic with a smooth finish. I've never cared for the grooved rustication on the Handmade KW's.

thebrokenone

Lurker
Feb 2, 2016
Those are some beautiful pipes, dixie. Very nice grain contrast and thick-walled. Enjoy them well. :puffy:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm with Dave, the partially rusticated Hand Mades aren't that appealing. Those two are steller! Do you have any idea on when they might have been made? I'm not sure now I missed this thread!

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo dix - beautiful chubbies! I'm with Al on the grooved jobbies, but the smooths and sandblasts have been Best Buys for me as far as artisan grade briars go. They are on the largish side but puff magnificently.
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.