Just Won My First Ebay Auction (Mr. Brog)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Eltang Basic Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
156 Fresh Peterson Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Just won a Mr. Brog #51 Amigo walnut rusticated. This is my first successful Ebay win and I am very excited. Got the pipe including shipping for $15.49. Should arrive on Thursday or Friday (just in time for a four day weekend!)
The only problem I see is that it has done nothing to lessen my PADastic urges.

coolsiggy

Lurker
May 18, 2013
Enjoy with pride, I recently won pipes from the Ukraine (pearwood), China (rosewood), Poland (apple). I've had them in rotation for about 3 weeks but so far they all smoke quite well, the pear at first adds a flavor which fades away. Quality-price is excellent. All use the 9mm filter.

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
Congrats on the new Mr. Brog. :)
Please report back to us on how it smokes. These pipes seem to be gaining in popularity all the time.
I feel like I should try to get one (or more) now, before Mr. Brog catches on, and raises his prices. I am being (kind of) serious with that statement. :wink:
Seriously though, cool score. Congrats!

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
Mr. Brog are just fanstastic. They are king of the small bowl, FMC is fantastic in my Brogs.
I'd been eyeing the Amigo awhile now, so I too am curious to hear how it breaks in. Happy Lunting.

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
Hope it works out well. I'm currently awaiting my first Mr. Brog. Got the XL model off amazon.

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
I'm talking about Mr. Brog's XL freehand, but yeah. It's got a 2.5 inch chamber. I decided not to get the massive Brog Lumberjack that is essentially a coffee cup. Videos I saw for the lumberjack took near 3 hours to finish. :puffpipe:

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
You are right, I was mistaken on the pipe you were talking about. It was the lumberjack that I thought you had ordered. That pipe is just massive. I do not think I would want one to smoke, but I think I would like one just because it would look neat setting next to my pipe rack (not in the rack it is way to big for that). I use to have a MM Mac for that very reason.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Thought I would give a quick update/venting rant. Mr. Brog was quick on getting my new pipe in the mail; however, the USPS had not been quick to ship it to me. The dang Post Office let the pipe set two days in Brooklyn, and two days in the Los Angeles area, and now I have to wait until Tuesday to see my new pipe. I was already to start the process of getting to smoke my new aquisition twice over my four day weekend (even had my bowls of tobacco pre-dried and set aside), but now I have to wait until I get off of work next week.
Shame on you USPS. For shame.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
It's weird. USPS is awesome in some parts of the country. In others, they just suck. I've found it has a lot to do with which regional sorting center your mail goes through.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I think you are right. My first USPS order from Mr. Brog went from Brooklyn to Portland, OR in a straight shot. This time it was routed from Brooklyn to Southern California then to Portland. I am sure it has to do with their system seeking to be as efficient as possible. I understand this but it does not make me any happier. :evil:
At least it will arrive and I can enjoy it when it does. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.