PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/200651199022?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648
Looks alright for $10 bucks.

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
Green bra...green!
(kidding)
I've only smoked aromatics so maybe I'll find something else to try.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
That's a nice looking pipe, I think you got a good deal. Also don't smoke the green stuff in the same pipe as real tobacco, not a good mix. Especially if you forget that you used it for the green stuff. Not that I know from experience :wink: or anything. :wink:

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
Does anyone know if Medico pipes are made of brylon or briar? The picture in the op, if you look real close, seems to read "imported briar." Were the old Medicos briar?
Thanks.

Jul 15, 2011
From the looks of the photo, what you have there is genuine briar. A lot of old Medicos were pretty small in size but were indeed made of real briar. I have three of them myself, and they are all fantastic little smokers, good for a short puff. What you have to look out for with Medicos is those pipes that look like they have absolutely zero chamber walls. That thin material that doesnt have any heft to it is brylon. It offers one of the worst smokes you can have. I made the mistake of buying 2 brylon pipes when I first started out, and I have not touched them since their initial smoke.

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
I'm really impressed with this pipe. It smokes good, the bowl is a lot bigger then the cob I have, I'm very impressed. I posted a pipe of it in my profile here.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
That right there's a saddle-bit pot, a variation of your basic billiard. IMHO.

Medicos ain't always pretty, and the briar is invariably the pits, but they are darn good pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.