PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
As a new pipe smoker I find I am at times overly exuberant and at times run my mouth about stuff that no doubt veterans on the site have seen countless times.

For that I genuinely and sincerely apologize.

I make a lot of mistakes. I'm learning to contain and control my fingers as they type and trying to do more reading than actual expounding about things I really know nothing about.

My wife knows that I have a bad habit of getting both of my feet implanted in my mouth.
I just felt I wanted to extend these thoughts.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
You seem to be doing fine to me. It's a forum; you're actually supposed to run your mouth here.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
You will be the master of the universe when you can type and keep both feet firmly inserted in your mouth...

Mar 1, 2014
Shikano, I have been enjoying your posts. I can't particularly remember whether you've been running your mouth but just stick around long enough and things will reach equilibrium.
It's kind of funny how over the last year I've seen about a dozen guys go through a pattern of joining the forum, having a great time for a few months, and then getting all bent out of shape about something the rest of us probably forgot about the moment we closed the thread.

If you're here to talk about pipes and tobacco it's pretty hard to screw up unless you basically set that as a personal goal.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
In less than a year I've logged over 1000 posts spewing my crap. Don't feel bad. Well almost 1000 posts anyways.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
He's counting the posts to threads which were removed from the forum. Post count drops for those. When you see a thread you posted on going south, you can figure that your gonna lose count. Even knowing that I sometimes can't resist posting.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
hmm, well shit... who knows how many post's I've lost... LOL... who do I speak to about getting them back god dammit, they were mine! 8)
Haha.. Ive truly never paid much attention to my post count, I guess its never mattered a whole lot to me.

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
If you were trying to marry my daughter, I might look askance at remarks made here by just about everyone at one time or another. You aren't trying to marry my daughter are you?!?

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I'm just as proud of my posts that have been deleted as the ones that have survived. The deleted posts gain infamy over time.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Hey, if woodsroad has made it this long, you should be good to go!

And if you've been around long enough, you will have lost posts when threads get deleted. Trust me, I've lost hundreds!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Forums need wildcards to avoid getting stale. It's good to have a few "on the edge" people around :)

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I'm just as proud of my posts that have been deleted as the ones that have survived. The deleted posts gain infamy over time.
This.
Hey Shikano, you're doing just fine. I enjoy your posts, and the dialogue that comes from them.
Over the years you'll piss folks off, make 'em laugh, share a sob and laugh together so hard that it hurts. Keep it up, pal.
(Note to Perique and others, "Pal" is a filial descriptor with friendly connotations)
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.