Tags:   

Just Some New Projects - R14,R15,R16

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by joshremy
  • Latest reply from tbradsim1
  1. joshremy

joshremy

Login to Send PM

Well its been a little while since I've posted some new pipes. I've been busy with work, but I still manage to work on my pipes in concentrated jaunts of effort. Here are the latest 3. A few experiments in materials (bullet and shotgun casings) and design elements. I'm thinking I'm going to enter the upcoming Kansas City Pipe Show contest. There's no way I'll win against Rad Davis and the others, but hey, its something to challenge me and push me to get better.

As always, I welcome your input, ideas, advice.

--

R14 Chaplain Corps Pipe: (To protect the freedom of religious practice for Soldiers of all Faiths, Nurture the Living, Care for the Wounded, Honor the Dead)

7.62x54R shank (shot with my 1942 Mosin Nagant) with matching 3030 Winchester Tamper (shot with my wife's 1970s Winchester 3030)

--

R15 20ga Natural Billiard - with matching .38 S&W Tamper (shot with my 102 year old 1910 Iver Johnson Top-Break Model 3 Revolver)

--

R16 Goldfish Churchwarden - my take on the blowfish pipe design: the Goldfish (not shot with any firearm, but sure to be found near some tasty goldfish crackers)

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." - G. K. Chesterton
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. vespertillio

vespertillio

Login to Send PM

Those look fantastic. Kudos on the fine craftsmanship.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

They're all cool, bur R15 is awesome..

The most important things in life are good friends and a good bullpen...not necessarily in that order

You may all go to hell, I'll go to Texas-Davy Crockett
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

I like them all. I like how you used the spent shells. And the shape of R15 is really cool.

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. igloo

igloo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yep, r15 is the bomb .

“There was an awful suspicion in my mind that I'd finally gone over the hump, and the worst thing about it was that I didn't feel tragic at all, but only weary, and sort of comfortably detached.”
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Mod

Login to Send PM

R16 Goldfish Churchwarden - my take on the blowfish pipe design: the Goldfish (not shot with any firearm, but sure to be found near some tasty goldfish crackers)

Looking mighty fine Josh.
    I think you're improving.

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill
    View Lawrence  Whitcomb's profile on LinkedIn
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. gmwolford

Greg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like then all but if I had to pick I'd say the R14, for the ideal and sentiment as much as the look. Nice job on all of them.

Greg
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Told you Best of luck, but it's not about that! The pipes are now more usable artwork now than ever before. Not about winning, but people seeing your work.

Craig

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. phred

phred

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

All very nicely done - but I love the whimsical shape of the "Goldfish".

"De gustibus non est disputandum."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Great work as usual, Josh. I really love how you used the shotgun shell on that billiard!

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ingenious , is all I can say, what a future young man, Artistic and practical. The old cajun

The Old Cajun
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   peckinpahhombre, number6, jmill208, rigmedic1, tbradsim1, salmonfisher, carytobacco, dochudson, rockford, grouchydog, apatim, shaintiques, jdmack09, doctorthoss, tlag77, briarfriar, drennan, conlejm