PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
Well its been a little while since I've posted some new pipes. I've been busy with work, but I still manage to work on my pipes in concentrated jaunts of effort. Here are the latest 3. A few experiments in materials (bullet and shotgun casings) and design elements. I'm thinking I'm going to enter the upcoming Kansas City Pipe Show contest. There's no way I'll win against Rad Davis and the others, but hey, its something to challenge me and push me to get better.
As always, I welcome your input, ideas, advice. :puffy:
--
R14 Chaplain Corps Pipe: (To protect the freedom of religious practice for Soldiers of all Faiths, Nurture the Living, Care for the Wounded, Honor the Dead)
7.62x54R shank (shot with my 1942 Mosin Nagant) with matching 3030 Winchester Tamper (shot with my wife's 1970s Winchester 3030)
r-14-chaplain-corps-pipe-600x600.jpg

--
R15 20ga Natural Billiard - with matching .38 S&W Tamper (shot with my 102 year old 1910 Iver Johnson Top-Break Model 3 Revolver)
r15-20ga-2-600x600.jpg

--
R16 Goldfish Churchwarden - my take on the blowfish pipe design: the Goldfish (not shot with any firearm, but sure to be found near some tasty goldfish crackers)
r16-goldfish-600x600.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
R16 Goldfish Churchwarden - my take on the blowfish pipe design: the Goldfish (not shot with any firearm, but sure to be found near some tasty goldfish crackers)
:rofl:
Looking mighty fine Josh.

I think you're improving.

:puffy:

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I like then all but if I had to pick I'd say the R14, for the ideal and sentiment as much as the look. Nice job on all of them.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Told you ;) Best of luck, but it's not about that! The pipes are now more usable artwork now than ever before. Not about winning, but people seeing your work.
Craig

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
All very nicely done - but I love the whimsical shape of the "Goldfish". :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.