PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I just stopped back by my local pipe shop and picked up the last tin of Erik Nording's Hunter Blend: Labrador. I'm torn, because on one hand, I really wanted to try this when I first saw it in his shop, but on the other hand, it will never be made again as it was produced by McClelland. Decisions, decisions...I will likely go ahead and just enjoy it, just because they don't exactly stay fresh forever and might as well indulge in it now. Anyone else ever tried this blend?

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I'm thinking I will do just that. Crack it open and enjoy a nice, pleasant, fantastic smoke after a long hard days work this Saturday. Volunteering at the Habitat for Humanity project this weekend, while at the same time building a new dining room table. It will be the perfect ending to a work-filled day.

artificialme

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2018
Why would you buy it if not to smoke them? relish every sip of it and just be grateful. After the tin get empty, search for another blend. Hahaha. Life is too short to worry about one blend :)

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Well, mostly because I just hate seeing a good thing go, but at the same time, I would rather smoke it than have something go to waste. I do entirely plan on smoking it, but theirs always a little sadness when you realize it's the last of it. I know I'll find other great tobaccos along the way, but at least I'll have smoked something unique and original that will never come along again.

artificialme

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2018
Hahaha, I knew that feeling. Maybe it saddened me to see a good tobacco run out, but who've got the time to stuck on that feeling. The pipe need to be filled. 8)

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
I just stopped back by my local pipe shop and picked up the last tin of Erik Nording's Hunter Blend: Labrador. I'm torn, because on one hand, I really wanted to try this when I first saw it in his shop, but on the other hand, it will never be made again as it was produced by McClelland. Decisions, decisions...I will likely go ahead and just enjoy it, just because they don't exactly stay fresh forever and might as well indulge in it now. Anyone else ever tried this blend?

Just ordered Fox Hound and Labrador....These are still available at standard prices. I do have some in the cedar and will try Friday.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Go for it. I haven't had the blend, but Nording also does a series of hunter pipes. My wife got me the zebra for Christmas, a really snazzy up-market long-stem Nording.

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
Any leads on where to buy at MSRP? I've bought several tins on the secondary market but would rather pay down to earth prices.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I was given the remainder of a tin that my locker shop had opened to provide samples. Actually, it was from a now closed shop whose inventory was bought by my local store. It's quite tasty.
BTW, I was also given the remainders of McClelland Red and Black, Distinguished Gentleman, and McClelland Balkan Blue.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Yes, it is pretty tasty. I love the hazelnut notes it has. The tin note is superb and the smell that fills my back porch when I smoke it is fantastic. I had bought two more tins and are sitting in the top of my pantry that I am keeping as the start of my cellar. My local shop did have some items from McClelland left, but that was a month or more ago. I'll have to swing back by sometime to see what they have.

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." Glad you're enjoying the tin.

Status
Not open for further replies.