PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Seriously!! If my week wasnt going bad enough with my new mustang, my Savinelli Canadian got bumped off my pipe rack while i was getting my pipes and tobacco together for tomorrow and this happened! Oh and i never mentioned that earlier last week, i hit a re-tread from a semi and messed up the front end of my 2012 Ford Edge. theres another $2000 in damage. Also checked the citation that the PD gave me for failure to control...$200!! and he marked as no insurance since i didnt have a card for the mustang...which i had just bought!! even though i had my agent on the phone and provided him with my policy number and the claim number which i had started right away! Are you kidding me!! I cant catch a break!!
IMG_0498_zps103ba6dc.jpg

IMG_0499_zps1d584353.jpg

IMG_0500_zps93293e43.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
That's 3... you should be good now.

And, no I'm not superstitious... It's bad luck.
Hawk... That's one bad stretch.

"Good luck on ya" my friend.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
That is a stretch of bad luck, but on the bright side, they say bad things come in threes, so maybe your luck is about to change (and from the sounds of it, you should be set in the bad luck dept for a while).
Seriously though, sorry to hear it (that was a nice pipe too).
EDIT: Lawrence, I swear I posted mine before I saw yours - weird! :roll:

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
if you really like the pipe don't chuck it--i busted a pipe like that in '68 and buried it

in the earth (christian burial)-- i have kicked myself ever since--had i brought it home from asia to where it could have been worked on it may have been salvaged--it wasn't an expensive pipe, but i would have paid good money for it's repair--i was just too young and dumb to know--

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
if you really like the pipe don't chuck it--i busted a pipe like that in '68 and buried it

in the earth (christian burial)
Only to be found by future archaeologists! They'll have your DNA!!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Holy crap! 8O Dude that sucks bad. I hope that is all the bad luck you have to endure for a while. Sorry buddy.

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010

in the earth (christian burial)
Only to be found by future archaeologists! They'll have your DNA!!
they be welcome to it bro--they'll find it highly saturated with local grog :lol:

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
when the bad luck fades the good seems even better. just wait it out man cant be too much longer. sorry for all the bad luck though.

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
If you choose to go to court to pay the ticket, bring your insurance card with you. If the date shows that you had the car insured at the time of the ticket, a lot of the times they'll drop the charge just because the want to avoid you challenging the ticket and bringing about a court case.
Also, that looks like a pretty clean break. Stuff a pipe cleaner through the shank/mortise area and super glue the pieces back together. Make sure you're putting a little muscle into joining them while it initially sets. A little glue goes a long way; the pipe cleaner is to make sure you don't get any junk in your air flow.
I've used this technique on one of my own pipes. Smokes like a dream still and can't tell it was broken. LOL

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
That sucks, fight that insurance thing though, that hapened to me, I got caught on my phone (which I admitted) and I had an invalid insurance card (new one was in the mail) the cop called the insurance company and rthey said my insurance was good, he however had other ideas and told me it was expired, and gave me a ticket for that. We got the phone records and brought them in, the police station threw out the tcket, including the phone charge as well.
Good luck!

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I will attempt to repair, if not i guess i will try to make a tamper out of the stem. As far as the ticket goes, i will be calling the courthouse today. Unfortunately the courthouse is about 2 hours away. Still waiting to here from insurance on the mustang, but it sound slike they will be fixing it. He needs one more piece of information that i need to get from the previous owner which should be in the mail today or tomorrow. Will hold off on making a claim on the ford edge as that will just kill my policy. The damage really isnt noticeable, but its a leased vehicle so it will have to be fixed before turning it in. Today is a new day, and ill be visiting the local B&M to meet up with the guys for a mid-day smoke.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
hawke, looks like the shit fairy has had her way with you. I would suggest finding a good mechanic who can cover your deductible and add a little extra so you can buy a new pipe. One way to turn it around.

mkelaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2012
OUCH!! The good news is that just like the Ford, the pipe can be repaired, and for a lot less dough. It will need a splint in the airway to support the repair. That and some epoxy will make it good as new. I know that Dave Wolff of Walkerbriarworks.com does this kind of work. He's also cut his backlog dramatically you'll be able to bet a fast turnaround.

pipelotus

Lurker
Sep 21, 2012
I'm with mkelaw, Pipe repair sounds like your best option. As for the ticket, I agree with jchaplick about fighting. I'm still not convinced police officers don't have to meet a quota every month. That is a pretty bogus charge.
As for life, in my experience, it doesn't magically get better. It simply continues to get worse until you get more adapt at dealing with the plethora of bad situations. Not meaning to preach, but I just wanted you to know why I'm not saying things will get better. 'Cause in my experience, they dont.
Still, I wish you and yours the best bro!

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Here is the perfect replacement - http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/england/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=105586

Status
Not open for further replies.