PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I just received this notice from the FDA on their new rules. It really doesn't tell us much other than they want to protect us, and children, from ourselves. Happy reading.
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/UCM507132.pdf

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thank god! I'm VERY dangerous and must be protected from myself. Freedom is dangerous and we're all reckless, dangerous animals and we're just lucky the FDA is here to save us. God bless the FDA!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
F**king

Dumb

Asses
Annoys the hell out of me that they think we need our hands held.

Jun 4, 2014
Once they have "taken away" oops I mean "protected us" from the evil tobacco and all the other dangerous substances and things that might harm us, we will all be so much better off. Why, this has moved me to burn some of tobacco to help rid it from the world!

greshapa

Lurker
Jun 16, 2016
Pittsburgh
Are all of these new FDA regs because of cigarette tobacco thats sold as Pipe Tobacco? e.g. CrissCross, Ohm, Rio
Its a shame all this is happening right when i got into pipes.

May 4, 2015
Are all of these new FDA regs because of cigarette tobacco thats sold as Pipe Tobacco?
No, it's mostly because of Vaping. If they can keep the grandfather date at 2007, it effectively wipes out that industry for all but the biggest players (IE. Marlboro, Camel).
Pipes are collateral damage. Many birds with one stone.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I've spent the better part of 40+ years as collateral damage, a bird dodging stones with rare success. Pipe smoking will survive, in much the same way Canada has survived... expensively. Pipe smoking will be around, at least for those who can afford it.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
If they can keep the grandfather date at 2007, it effectively wipes out that industry for all but the biggest players
We do love saving ourselves from ourselves.
Democracy as usual: a surface of safety with a soft core of delicious tyranny.
For ironists, this must be a time of great delight!

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Once in a while we all need to be reminded by the beauracrats that we are screwed up and out of control.
papipeguy, thanks for posting that reminder.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Well that does it! After 08/08/2016 I'm going back to heroine. No warning labels, FDA restrictions, no worry about different blends being released after 2007, and... it might be cheaper!
Seriously though, I'm in no panic mode about this whole farce and I'm not about to go hog wild in purchasing a shit load of pipe tobacco, and or cigars. The regulations are so absurd that I seriously doubt that even the FDA knows what the hell they are, or how they will implement them. That, and aside from the obvious fact that there is bound to be a plethora of litigation going on so I'll patiently wait and see what turns out in the wash after all the shit is hung out to dry.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I'm almost ready for it ... putting the finishing touches on my discrete tobacco delivery truck. :puffy:
lumber_truck.jpg

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Cobguy, make sure to bring your truck by my neighborhood. Hell, you might make a good living driving that thing around the US! :lol:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Sounds familiar, Chuck Schuemer and Barry Obama say the same thing when they advertise their form of tyranny. Like taking guns from our hands will protect us. It will only empower Chuck and Barry further, making it that much easier to force you to work for their wages and finally they can pull that pipe from your mouth once and for all.

gnarlybriar

Might Stick Around
Jun 11, 2009
Chesterfield, VA
Just a thought: if we were to spend the time taken to write a funny here, and use it calling (or, my gosh, writing a paper letter) our Representative's offices to let your opinions known about this, maybe, just maybe, it would have a tiny bit of influence on the outcome of this ridiculous situation. No "email polls" or "put your name at the bottom of this list" crap - they do no good. Honestly, guys, let your representatives know that the "predicate date" of 2007 for pipe tobacco is absurd, that pipe tobacco (and pipes) do not affect even 1% of Americans - give the reps something to grab for their discussions in committee. REQUEST that the rep's office get back to you to let you know what his/her actions are on this regulation. Make THEM responsible for representing their constituents' requests and stance. It does no good preaching to the choir here or any other forum. And, no, you're not going to have any affect on the world doing such. Just sayin.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
We are at the point, where emailing the oligarchs won't do a thing. Stand and Deliver. Or just shut up.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Cobguy, make sure to bring your truck by my neighborhood.
You got it! :puffy:
It does no good preaching to the choir here or any other forum.
Yet, you've returned to make your 4th post ever to tell us this? :wink:
We can always grow our own and share it through the barter system.
That's the plan ... recently added homemade snuff to the arsenal too! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.