Just Had My Best Vinyl Search Experience!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
My girlfriend and I love Alro Guthrie's song Alice's Restaurant so today we decided to go on a hunt through Knoxville, TN to find it on vinyl. We went to a few thrift stores with no luck so we decided to hit up our favorite vinyl shop. When we entered the shop we were greeted by a mastiff puppy. We pet him and he shook his tail a bit. We asked the fellow customer what the dog's name was and they said Arlo Puppy after Arlo Guthrie! We were taken back a minute there and told them why. No one could believe it. What makes it even crazier we found that record there and it was in excellent condition. So there you have it. My best vinyl experience. Hope you enjoyed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m57gzA2JCcM

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Wow we will have to drive up there some day. Very far but could be a cool pit stop. We had a lot of fun find the record and it really make me feel like we were meant to be at that record store on that day at that time.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Sounds like a cool place to live. I've been to D.C. and Cleveland, OH and that is the furthest up your way I've been.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I was a Disc Jockey at a radio station in the early 70s.I played 33s,45s,etc and the commercials we cut were all on 8track loops...AAHHH the good ole days(if only I could remember them all) :crazy:

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
@weezell -- I was a jock in the 80s and we still played vinyl, right up until CDs. And we played commercials on those old 8-track looking carts. I'll bet I wouldn't recognize anything if I walked into a booth today. (But then, considering how tight-fisted the biz is, I might!)
Anyway, photoman -- I had that record on vinyl, and sold it off to McKay a couple years ago, along with a bunch of other classics. That could be my copy! Enjoy!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Disc Jockey back in the day was actually more an art. It is cool that we have some former ones here.
Cynyr, Wow do you live in Knoxville as well. I just moved here. A great little town. We just got back from Barley's Taproom and it was pretty cool.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Hobie, I don't know if you saw what I said on another post about rap but I really love talking music with you and would love it to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.