PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I had this mole that started to look ugly so I had it removed today. It could be cancer so please keep me in your prayers. I know it's kind of lame begging for prayers, but I am all my kids have so you see why I am stressing. Thanks.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I can understand your request Shawn - let's hope it's nothing.
If it helps, my dad has had several cancerous moles, each one was easily removed with no ill effects (except cosmetic) and he remains cancer free (at age 80)
Good luck with the biopsy.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
If it helps, my dad has had several cancerous moles, each one was easily removed with no ill effects (except cosmetic) and he remains cancer free (at age 80)

OMG that helps sooooooooo much. I have been sick with stress since I looked at the thing last week. It was between my legs and I never paid any attention to it. When I looked at it it sent me into a torrent of stress and all the crap that comes with it. Thanks for the encouraging words. I can always count on my buddies here when I am feeling down!!!!!!!! You guys are the best!!!!!

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Been there mate, I have had 4 different moles and "spots" removed, all were cancerous but it is a minor thing. Even if it is cancerous mate, you have very little to worry about. Rest your mind mate, all is well

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
The last spot I had removed was on my left temple, just where the sideburns start to grow. Had it removed with 4 stiches afterwards. I got a call from the Doc. the next week saying he didn't get it all. Had to have it redone right away cause it was the bad cancer. This time it took 7 stiches and he got it all.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Shawn:
Your biggest hurdle has already been accomplished by noticing the change and acting upon it. If it is cancerous you're dealing with a type that is easily treatable.
In the meantime, relax your mind and focus on those two goodlooking honyocks of yours. You're going to be just fine.
Fnord

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Shawn, there is cancer and there is Cancer. Everyone in my family has had skin cancers removed, none of it has been Melanoma. "Skin cancer" refers to 3 different conditions. They are: basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma. There are different types of skin cancer they are, Squamous Cell carcinoma,these are usually found on the body that has been exposed to the sun. Basal Cell Carcinoma is the most commonly found on the neck, face & hands. Melanoma is the most dangerous and the deadliest.
Chances are good you do not have Melanoma but, no matter what we have your back. It is scarey to have to wait and I understand your anxiety. Time, will tell you. Even Melanoma caught early is treatable.
Wife has had neck cancer 3 times in 3 years and still is here to aggravate me; thank god.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
My prayers are with you and your children. I had a cancerous(level 4 melanoma) mole removed back in 1994 and they got it all. I have not had a recurrence. All the best to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.