PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
So for my July TAD I was planning to put an order in for good amount of some Shortcut to Mushrooms and Ruins of Isengard. Maybe even a couple oz of the LOTR sampler. My question is has anyone tried any of their other house blends? Just wondering if there is anything else that is worth adding for sampling purposes.

hunterwold1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
I would rate the STM as the top of the line, then Ruins of Isengard. I have tried both Longbottom leaf and Old Toby. While both are pleasant I felt they just did not come up to my same level of enjoyment as STM and ROI. All the best!

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
I've had STM and Longbottom leaf so far. I ordered 2oz of each from the Middle Earth Pipeweed series. The sampler seemed to be a rip-off. $10 for 1.25 oz of tobacco?
That being said, STM is a really good mild english. I really enjoy the sweet and smokey flavor. And I will be ordering more of it soon, especially if I find out it is as similar to Frog Morton Cellar as I've heard. It would be a much cheaper alternative.
Longbottom Leaf is OK, but I've only smoked it twice. It was like a mild aro, or an aro VA. Good VA tobacco flavor, just a hint of vanilla.

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
I made a sampler myself, at JFH. It is cheaper to buy whatever you want to try by weight than getting the pre-made sampler. STM and ROI are very good very mild English blends. Tree bear, Longbottom leaf, and old Toby are just ok in my opinion, mildly flavored VA all with Vanilla, Cavendish and one of then with a hint of Perique, probably worth trying but then you could probably spend your money better somewhere else.
D

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Thanks for the replies you guys. I guess I should narrow my question. JFM has other house blends not part of the LOTR line. I was wondering if anybody had tried those. I might just steer clear of the samplers for now.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I'd get them all, my two personal favorites are Ruins of Isengard and Old Toby mixed 50/50 with Treebeard, I can't really decide which one I enjoy more. I accidentally mixed them together when I was pooing them into jars and just went with it, amazing blend!
They really should re-evaluate their sampler, it should be saving customers money to get it, not cost an arm and a leg for the amount they get, heck, the sample size is so small it's not even a proper sample! They should make it half an ounce of each and charge $10 for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.