PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf4bsb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2013
Hello all,

About a year ago I bought a set of three Statesman estate pipes. They all had the same finish and were in rough shape. They have just been sitting so this week I decided to tackle the one in the worst shape. Here are the pictures of the result.

I thought I had taken some before pictures, but unfortunately I had not. I can tell you that it was in the worst shape of the three. The cake was so thick I had to cut away a ton before I could even get the smallest reamer in the bowl. The char was very thick and needed a lot of work to get off. The stem and finish were, well, just yucky. While I don't have the before pics, I can show you one of the 3 in slightly better than this one was in before I started working on it.

kf4bsb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2013
Thank you both. I will post pics of the other two as son as can get to them.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Nice work. I really like how you brought that pipe back to life. Now it's time to put a spark to her and enjoy many more years of smoking.

kf4bsb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2013
I actually ended up selling this pipe. I posted a pic of it on my Facebook page and I friend of mine asked me how much I would take for it. Long story short, he wanted it more than I did so as of today, it has a new home. I wonder if I can get him to buy the other 3 LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.