PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
Wow !!! This was my first bowl of Peterson's Connoisseur's Choice. I haven't been smoking pipe for very long but I am truly enjoying adding new blends of tobacco to my collection. What a treat to try new flavours & varietys. This Connoisseur's Choice from Peterson is sure to become one of my regulars as it really is pleasure to smoke.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
i love peterson blends, but i havent tried this one yet. can you give some insight to it? taste? aroma? flavor?

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
Well I guess I'm not very experienced in this sort of stuff but will try & share with you as best as I can. To me this was one of my very favourite smokes so far. It gives off an amazing sweet aroma right out of the tin, kind of a rummy , fruity smell. Lit & burned very well right out of the tin. Smells very nice as room note or porch note in my case. Flavour is kind of a blend of a maple ,rum , caramel all mixed together to give out a very smooth & sweet tasting smoke. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys aromatic tobaccos to give it a try . It was a very pleasant smoke in my opinion.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I love the Peterson's fruity, nutty baccys. I have also recommended them to new pipe smokers as they burn right with even if your packing methods are questionable. I discovered this my accident and the tobacconist was too busy pushing his bulk baccys on me over and over. Once my Peterson's tons showed up it's was smooth sailing for me. It also gave me insight into making my own blends. I found that although Peterson's is tasty by itself it does burn fast and in some cases very hot. So I mix it down with a variety of other baccys including a few kinds of flake (well rubbed out).
Try them all and be sure to save a few tins for a rainy day. The special Reserve 2012 is a much have if you love coffee!​

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
I also really like this baccy. A VERY tasty smoke. Just wish it had more nic in it.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Welcome to the Boards!
I haven't been smoking pipe for very long but I am truly enjoying adding new blends of tobacco to my collection
There's a LOT out there for you to enjoy!!!
The only Peterson tobacco I have is University Fake, But the Connoisseur's Choice sounds like a great, sweet tobacco... Will have to give it a try!
EDIT-How do I use the quote and have it indent in my post??? Tried many times and I just get this??? (see above)

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Highlight the entire quote you just posted and then press the quote button.

EDIT-How do I use the quote and have it indent in my post??? Tried many times and I just get this??? (see above)

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
You need to copy and paste the original text. Then highlight it. Then (while it's highlighted) press the quote button and then your ready to post.

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
I must say... I have never tried connoisseurs choice, but if it's the same quality as sunset breeze, then I must!
(scribbles it into the little book of TAD)

plet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2012
Denmark
Peterson's Connoisseur's Choice is my favorite Aromatic Blend! :D
Having my on the tin right now...

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Just finished a few bowls of connoisseurs choice and I have to say if I was to rank the aromatics in order of my likes I would say after trying all of them. Sweet Kilarney and Sunset Breeze are chosen over connoisseurs choice. Special Reserve 2012 comes at number 4. After that Nutty Cut, Gold and the rest.
Of course the 3p's and University, Irish flakes are in their own selection in my opinion and not to part of the above group.

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
Ooh. Am toying with the idea of trying 3p. How much of a hassle is it to prepare?
(I've never tried a plug before...)

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I have steered away from aromatics lately but it sounds nice so I will have to give it a try!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Welcome aboard.
I don't smoke aros,so I have not - and will not - try this one. But I have smoked several of Peterson's blends. I have smoked Old Dublin (a staple), Sherlock Holmes (an irregular that I think will become more regular), Irish and Uni Flake (good taste, too much nic for me), Irish Oak (my fave VaPer, but that ain't saying much), and Irish Whiskey. (meh)
Enjoy your explorations.

Status
Not open for further replies.