PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Done up the black one with the band today. I wanted to see if I could crank out a pipe in one day. I'm happy with the results for a quick turn around pipe. The diamond shank one I did last week. Wasn't quite sure how I wanted to stain it it so I went for a light stain.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sorry, phone's slow tonight didn't see the lighter one. The diamond shank with that bowl shape is very attractive!

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Both look very unique and lovely.. I like the stain on the diamond shank one.. It is mesmerising

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
The lighter pipe as most of my other pipes was drilled with a modified wood spade bit the I ground to a taper with a Dremel tool. The black one I had bought a J Alan spoon bit. I even tried the way he does it in his videos, rough shaped it then glued some wood bits on then drilled it. It went better than I expected, although I still find it easier to drill then shape.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Can I ask what metal that ring is made from . . . and where you sourced it?
I am looking for one or two like that for a pipe(s) of my own! And my usual source no longer carries bands.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wow, that conical bowl is pretty spectacular. No heat on the hand with that one. But the smaller pipe is the charmer for me, kind of a panel pipe but not.

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Clickklick it's a band I ordered from PME. I may order some more cause I really like the looks of it, if they still have any.
Thanks MSO, I was aiming for something different with the slight panels, and the curves.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
What are the dimensions of the diamond shanked pipe? This is a cool piece and unique shape. 

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Man those are some ugly ass pipes. JUST KIDDING!! Gorgeous! I'm a traditionalist myself but that's some superb work there!

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Thanks Shutterbugg.
Sallow, the inside bowl is 3/4" and the wall thickness is roughly 1/8" at the thinest point. The bowl depth is close to 7/8", and the height is 1 5/8", and overall length is 5 1/2".

Status
Not open for further replies.