PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
It goes like this...

I finished early with some choirs around the house today. I was ahead of schedule so I decided to catch an early bus to work. Plan was to take the bus to the liquor store where the clerk offers a very "colorful" recap of Vikings football games. He's very funny! Then stop at the cig shop to get my 1 pack a week of Amercan Spirits. Normally this routine allows me 45 mins to connect with the next bus. Not today.
After my brief visit with the liquor store clerk I crossed the street to the cig shop. This where I enter a fugue state. Upon opening the door I hear " STOP that muthaf@cker"! I just see a mass coming at me fast. A blur. I crouch 3 figure stance ( highschool football style ) and I throw my weight directly above his hips. His top half comes over my back, I embrace him and I snap him down! His almost stolen goods and conscious go elsewhere once he makes contact with hard store floor. And he's lights out until the cops and EMT respond in 5 minutes. Wow what a rush!

I still can't get the hollow thud sound outta my mind/ears when his cranium hit the floor. Ugh sickening!
Well it turns out he had it coming. The perp had been out of prison a month. He had stolen from a nearby gas station and the liquor store days prior. The liquor store clerk stopped over to the cig shop to see what was going on and recognized the perp from video captured when perp lifted his store when his wife working.
After an hour helping filling out police testimonials I got some free stuff from the owners of both stores. I tried to walk away, being humble as I am, but they were relentless. I scored two new Dr. Grabow pipes for $30 and the liquor store clerk is giving me two 4 packs of Surley Furious!
It's a case of being at the right place at the wrong time. Good karma I guess!
Thanks for hearing it out, Donavan

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
Epic!!!!
Dude, you should have just stood over him, lit your pipe and said something pun-ny and action heroesq!

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
My hat's off to you! Good job! Unfortunatley the news report will not say... " Pipe smoker stops robbery" We get blamed for everything else in life, why not get some credit every once in awhile?

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
So I suppose that kills the cliché that pipe smokers are genteel slipper wearing granddads!!!
Well done sir

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
The sad part is he rushed the door with four 1lbs bags of RYO tobacco and a cheap packing machine. Besides the perp I'm happy no one got hurt! I'm mostly worried of receiving some mail stating the POS is sueing me for injuries. Until then...
Thanks for the feedback guys and gals. I'm still a bit shook up about the whole thing. I do not like having to experience the situation that I literally walked into.
^Jess. I'd like to hear a pun-ny remark if you have one. I'm thinking of them as I go to sleep.
Best smokes, Donavan

CherokeeBilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2014
Granbury, TX
Well done Sir! While I tried to think of a witty pun you could have said while standing over the top of him I am just not that creative LOL Maybe something along the lines of "Roll your own huh, well dirtbag, you have just been rolled" Terrible I know, its why I cant ever find something witty to say.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Great work Donovan. Glad that you or any other innocent wasn't hurt during the commission of the crime.
You know karma is a bitch when you get body slammed by pipe smoker.

Jan 8, 2013
While standing over him arms crossed with your foot on his chest and pipe clenched in teeth..."I don't always tackle/body slam dirtball petty thiefs.... but when I do.... it's awesome." :D

Mar 1, 2014
Job well done.
I still think it's not far off correct to cut off a thief's hand. Once caught, never able to repeat.

Maybe that's a little harsh though, start with the pinky.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Nice tackle Don. Good on you for stopping him in his tracks and saving the innocent from further harm. I'm glad they gave you stuff, and I hope he has one hell of a headache. I've been robbed three times, and stealing is not cool. I hope the thief gets as severe a punishment as he deserves.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Nice job! I had a similar situation in a grocery store recently. There was a kid running out of the store as I was coming in. Just as I raised my arm to clothes-line him, my brain screamed "LAWSUIT" and made my arm jerk back.

In today's litigious society, I couldn't count on any "Good Samaritan" laws to protect me.
... "that's how you rub out a flake"
Now that's punny! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.