PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
Its not very difficult to draw a pipe with or without a filter, but people become adjusted to however they smoke so when that is altered it feel off. I personally smoke my cobs almost always with the filters, not for taking moisture out for preventing tobacco particles from flowing in the draw. It feels weird smoking them without the filters, though I am thinking of scrapping the filters after I run out to see how I adjust, its annoying to replace them after every smoke.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I do not feel the need to use them as they can change the taste of the tobacco .That is for me anyway .Lots of folks like them .

latbomber

May 10, 2013
Never use them myself, for the same flavour/draw reasons mentioned by others above.

pipinho

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2013
I use stems from corncobpipes on they hey made from lucite and it has a regular draw. And I love it!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I use my few filter pipes for toning down tobacco that is harsh, or when I want it tuned down a notch.

I hear the balsa filters work in place of Dr. Grabow or Medico filters just fine.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
I removed and pitched the filter from my Medico before I ever fired it up, and it smokes great without it. I've never been inclined to use a filter for any of my pipes, whether they come with one or not.

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
I use filters in my cobs, I like to run the poker part of me Czech tool through them before I smoke, kinda of twisting and turning whilst doing so... The draw without the filter is too wide and the draw with the filter is too constricted. Running something through the filter opens the draw to where I want it to be. No filters in my Grabows, or my basket pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.