Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Just Been Diagnosed With TAD

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmason

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So for the short time I have been on the forum I had read about TAD, but had never got it myself. Until the other day, I placed and order for some Christmas Cheer and ended up spending $80 on other tobaccos, like Lunchtime Blues, Holiday Spirit, Mocha, Epiphany, Old Hollywood and some others, while this is not that much compared to what others order this is my biggest tobacco order I have placed and now I love TAD and also have a strong hatred for waiting.
    ~Ron

Edit: Corrected capitalization in title per Rule #9. L.

Ron
    Posted 5 years ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Yeah, I hear ya...Time for me to stock up soon. I'm spent out on bills for this month, but I'm okay with half jars of McC 2010 and Annie Kake and a third jar of F&T Cut Blended Plug for now. In a couple of weeks, my next order will be in the 70.00 range and will include a couple of cans of Heinrich's Golden Sliced, a can of McC #24, and I may do some early holiday shopping and get a can of Christmas Cheer. That'll hold me until my next bulk order.

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. werdna

werdna

Login to Send PM

My condolences, or congratulations, which ever you think is appropriate. Luckily, purchasing tobacco cures TAD.

And to all a good night.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmason

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Werdna I will take it as congratulations since it feels like I have just entered the true threshold of pipe smoking.
    ~Ron

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Mou ha HA you are now screwed, my friend...just like all the rest of us!

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. pitchfork

pitchfork

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

will include a couple of cans of Heinrich's Golden Sliced

You'll have to tell us how this one is. I think lots of folks are reticent to try their products because they only come in larger tins. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Posted 5 years ago #
  7. petes03

petes03

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I know what you mean. I've spent over $200 on TAD this month! That's the most I've ever spent in that amount of time! I gotta slow down for a month or so after this, gotta pay the bills ya know. My anniversary coming up soon though, I've already been making my anniversary gift wish list. I hope my wife is ready for it!

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. bogie

bogie

Login to Send PM

I am sorry to hear the diagnosis!!!!!!

‎"Thoughts become things!"
    Posted 5 years ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

wilson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Respectfully, I have to disagree with Werdna. Purchasing tobacco does not cure TAD. It gives only temporary relief.

Posted 5 years ago #
  10. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Luckily, purchasing tobacco cures TAD.

I must caution against using the word “cure”. There never has been, nor likely ever will be, any known cure for either TAD or PAD. They may go dormant for a period of time, but rest assured, once contracted it’s for life...whether it lingers beyond that point is unknown this side of the veil.

EDIT: HA ... Wilson beat me to it!

“Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.” – George Carlin
    Posted 5 years ago #
  11. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

TAD and PAD are incurable diseases that will be with you till the day you die. We all just learn to live with it and understand that there is no fighting against it. Just give in to it and be thankful it is not life threatening.

Harris
    Posted 5 years ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmason

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good Lord it is an incurable disease, as well as PAD. Literally less than an hour after I post the thread I went to my B&M and ended up buying a Canadian style Fe.Ro pipe and a tin of Ashton Rainy Day, well at least I've got today to enjoy some new tobacco and break in a new pipe.
    ~Ron

Posted 5 years ago #
  13. durham270

Durham

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well congratulations are in order! It really is quite the contagious disease you know and one can not be held accountable for their actions. The only sure fire cure I've heard of is KEEP BUYING!

"I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs." -Albert Einstein
    Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   easydraw, fernafast, jaytex969, chilllucky, charf, philobeddoe