Just a little patience: Rambling as I the wait for the pipe.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
If there is one pipe smoker trait that I do not have, it is patience. In fact,I think smoking my pipe is the only time of the day were I really just sit still and do nothing. I recently ordered my second custom pipe from Eric Paulson, and my instant gratification nature is getting the best of me. Eric does great work, and he is more than reasonable with his times. My last pipe only took a couple weeks from the time we finalized the design. The fault lies with me then, as every email buzz on my phone finds me scrambling to see if it is the one saying it was miraculously finished ahead of time. I felt like rambling on about it, as my wife just rolls her eyes at me. Anyone else get that itch waiting for that "new" pipe to come in the mail?

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I do understand - after waiting several months while I prioritized other things ahead of PAD/TAD, I finally had the opportunity to order a pipe I've had my eye on for a while and a tub of a soon-to-be-discontinued tobacco blend that I'm fond of. The shipping confirmation arrived Friday, and I've been waiting anxiously to try the tracking number, which just informed me that my pipe has arrived in-state, and should be delivered on Wednesday.
Now the wait really begins. Thankfully, I've got stuff scheduled over the next couple of days that should keep me distracted while UPS does their thing...

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I think smoking my pipe is the only time of the day were I really just sit still and do nothing
Exactly this.
To your question though, yes. However for me it applies to virtually anything I order and have to wait for, let alone pipe-related. I put a down payment on a guitar amp in mid-November that I knew would take a few months to get built and shipped, and I started asking the dealer about an ETA in early-December...then again a couple of weeks ago even though I know I won't see it any time soon. You're not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.