PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Saturday afternoon my oldest daughter's best friend got married in the Ebenezer Methodist Church in Montevallo... a small 12 pew country church... Last Sunday's attendance was 36, and Sunday School attendance was 18. :)
I smoked a bowl of 1Q with the folks outside before the ceremony... Just country folks shootin' the breeze... "I love the smell of a pipe" was what I heard several times. Later on after the wedding I had another bowl waiting on the folks to head over to the reception, and had many a "man that smells good". Round three was at the reception... once again got several "man that smells good".

It was a Western Themed wedding. Blue Jeans, boots and starched long sleeve button up shirts. (You get the picture.) So my choice of pipes was going to be important.... nothing fancy, nothing too big, nothing too small. I settled on one of Dad's old pipes... an Eric Nording #4, early 70's. The picture is nearly full size, the pipe is actually about a half inch longer. The color of the pipe is actually a little redder than I could adjust it in the picture.

EricNording4.jpg

The bride is a Veteran of Afghanistan, was given a medical discharge because she blew out a knee chasing some local thief over there. She was an Army MP, and is certainly a Tom Boy her new husband is just a big ol corn fed country boy.
All in all not just a best bowl of the week, but several and just good folks having a really good time.

nzpiper

Might Stick Around
Aug 16, 2011
Good time,good company, good looking pipe and of course very good baccy, sounds very pleasing all round.

Jul 15, 2011
My sister is getting married next week. I am contemplating taking pipes to the reception but dont know how well it will be received by the grooms family, seeing as how none of them are familiar with pipes and pipe tobacco. I can only pray that my experience goes as smooth as yours. Sounds like a great time and its good that you were able to take your pipe and have a positive reaction and experience. Wish me luck on my venture!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
No; no wedding pics Hobie.... not my department.
But, there were a lot of "Good Ol Boys and Girls" lots of Pointy Boots and Cowboy hats. Lot's of Chaw, Dip, and a few cigarettes. No Ceeegars, and one pipe. Great food, but no booze... So, it wasn't perfect. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.