PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Greetings:
All are invited to join us in this month's crawl, featuring picks by C&D Head Blender Jeremy Reeves. 3 of the 4 selections are kakes, so I'm pumped.
Feel free to drop in and comment if you have smoked one of the blends, even if you haven't formally joined the crawl.
Autumn Evening - Smoking Starts First Friday in June

Five O'CLock Shadow - Smoking Starts Second Friday in June

Pirate Kake - Smoking Starts Third Friday in June

Bourbon Bleu - Smoking Starts Fourth Friday in June
You can purchase all these tobaccos as a heavily discounted collection from Rich at 4Noggins.com, site sponsor.
See the thread below in my signature for more information

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
3 of the 4 selections are kakes, so I'm pumped.
Me too, already sneaking some of the Autumn Evening and the whole house loves the smell. Some of the reviews I had read mentioned that the room note was reminiscent of the smoking section at an IHOP but we are digging it.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I ordered last evening, and got an e-mail first thing this morning (I am in N. CA) that the lot had shipped! Looking forward to the discoveries.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Thanks to @brass' generosity I'll be along for the ride this June. I always enjoy a pax crawl.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I assume your care package arrived? Happy, happy, happity that you're joining us. I don't think you've missed a crawl since we started.
See everyone tomorrow - or when you can get there - at the address below:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/june-pax-tobacco-crawl-with-new-head-blender-for-campd-jeremy-reeves

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Autumn evening ha wow this has been an aromatic I fell in love with in 2006. I have smoked this stuff quite a lot. The maple in this aromatic is a nice topping but the red Virginias in this blend don't actually completely get undermined. The room note on this is just that of an old school pancake house with the smoking section right upfront. This blend really hits that home in my opinion for room note. Overall autumn evening I haven't smoked this in a fairly long time it was a little nostalgic loading a bowl of this and it took myself down memory lane. I still feel this is one of the best aromatics out there and a must try even for non aromatic smokers as long as you enjoy maple. So enjoy everyone that's my input on this one.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
Hmmmm. I'm very familiar with two of the selection (Autumn Evening and Pirate Kake), have had just a few bowls of one (Bourbon Bleu), and I have never even seen the other one (Five oClock Shadow). It sounds like it could be fun, but I don't have be fundage right now to participate fully. Could I do the crawl with just the blends I have and then step out on the other one?
For the record, I hope this is a successful little endeavor. This seems to be a really good selection from CD, which I think is by far the best tobacco company in the world (as they are responsible for not just their own lineup but also GL Pease, the vastly underrated Low Country lineup, Two Friends, etc.). I think Autumn Evening is neck-and-neck with Classic Burley Kake as being the best aromatic on the market right now, Pirate Kake is a legendary lat bomb, and based on my initial sampling Bourbon Bleu I'd say its a Va-Per with promise.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Autumn Evening is C&D's best seller, hands down. We mostly talk about their non aromatics here, but I suspect that some of us are not owning up to smoking aros.

Here's a video clip showing Chris Tarler and Jeremey chiming in simultaneously as to the size availability for one of their blends, Briar Fox.

Briar Fox

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Here's another terrifically produced youtube interview/tour @ Cornell & Diel by one of the more succinct, informative, and thoughtful Pipe & Cigar video producers in the You Tube Pipe Community, aka: YTPC.

Public Piper

Status
Not open for further replies.