PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Sad to hear of the passing of one of the greatest radio and cartoon voice actors in American history, June Foray. She would have been 100 years old in 54 days. RIP Rocket J. Squirrel, Granny who owned Tweety Bird, Nastasha Fatale, and thousands of other roles.
http://www.newsfromme.com/2017/07/26/june-foray-r-p/

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I just thumbed through her filmography. Wow, what a body of work! Even did the smurf that explains my sense of humor.
jokeysmurf.gif

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
A great woman who brought us all great laughter, whether we knew her name or not. There's an interview with her on one of the Bullwinkle box sets, if you happen to have it. To this day, when I meet a Russian women, I sometimes ask them "Just say it...Moose and Squirrel"
EDIT: She also worked with Stan Freberg, most notably as Little Red Riding Hood.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Just bustin' your stones. I'm the idiot that almost Googled it, thinking it was a term I'd never heard before!

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
What a talent, I listened to her voice countless times watching cartoons as a child. She will be missed.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Word. In my youth, I probably listened to her voice more than my own mother's.
Goodnight, Natasha.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
June Foray was an amazing talent. The sheer range of voices she created is astonishing. Add to that that she was a very nice person. I met her several times while Warner Animation was still in Sherman Oaks. Always very upbeat! RIP, and thanks for sharing your gift.

phantomwolf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I suddenly feel bad about how little attention I've payed to voice actors. Growing up, their voices were and to this day are as familiar as any family member's. From Donald Duck to Optimus Prime, there are a lot of talented people who made childhood great- June Foray among them.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Jesse, you are so lucky to have met her. I imagine that she had all of these characters mapped out in her mind in full detail and could recall them at will.
I'm one of those crazy people who actually read credits, and remember her name from my childhood hours watching "Rocky and Bullwinkle".

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Rocket J. Squirrel was a fixture of my childhood. He just about brought me up. That piping little voice with all that energy and ironic spin. Few in cinema have ever handled a pun so deftly. 99 out of 100 is an A.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Betty Rubble was Bea Benaderet and then Gerry Johnson when Benaderet left to star in Petticoat Junction. Foray only did the pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.