PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

basil

Might Stick Around
Nov 17, 2013
This past Sunday a small group of us got together at JR Cigars in Mooresville NC. We spent the afternoon smoking, talking, and enjoying each others company. You know, what pipers usually do when we get together. Decided to get together again on Saturday to celebrate International Pipe Smokers Day. There is ALWAYS an open invitation to anyone that would like to join us, just bring a pipe and enjoy!

We plan to meet at 1PM Saturday Feb 20th. So if your in the area, stop in!

The photo from left to right is Jim, Bob, myself (Basil) and Jake.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Nice, thanks for sharing. The NYC and NJ folks gathered Saturday at the JR cigars in Whippany. It was so cold in Maryland, I didn't even trying smoking in my workshop (first pipe in five days was this morning). Thanks for sharing, I love seeing pix of get-togethers.

jakegoodman

Lurker
Jan 13, 2016
Charlotte
We will have another meeting in Mooresville next Saturday due to International Pipe Smoking Day. All welcome, we are meeting at 1pm.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Been so busy at work this week I missed this post until now Basil - great time and looking forward to doing it again Sat.
A big thank you to tobaccopipes.com for the tobacco and accessories they provided for our first gathering. The Best Brown was a big hit.

reniaeats

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Looks like a good time guys. Hopefully we can visit you up there sometime! One of our writers lives in NC and we keep promising to go see him.

basil

Might Stick Around
Nov 17, 2013
Renia, Thank you so much for the tobacco samples and other things you sent! That was a VERY pleasant surprise! We have such a great community and it's because of folks like ya'll!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I do recognize that pipe.
jltIxVw.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks like a great crew. What's the format of JR these days? I visited my JR (about an hour away) when it was a large square counter inside a humidor area inside another really big discount mall carrying a little of everything that reminded me of an outdoor market in Mexico, though it was indoors. Lots of security on the way out, so maybe a shoplifting problem, but kind of like a trip south of the border. Has JR changed its format a lot, or is it about the same as six years ago?

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
@Hardwood, yes we still meet monthly at JR's. Usually the third Sunday, but it does move around some months. In fact, our next meeting is this coming Sunday the 22nd at 1pm. Come join us!
PM me your email address and I'll add you to our email list.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Mso, the new shop is just cigars/pipes, no discount store stuff. Smaller than the old place but still a great selection of cigars and an okay selection of pipe tobacco.
Very nice modern shop with a nice lounge and bar. We have been meeting there for a year or so now and they have been very welcoming to our little gathering.
You need to come out and join us mso!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
rblood, "my" JR is central NC, off I-95 near Smithfield. Mooresville is just north of Davidson further west in the state. If I'm out that way, I'll check it out and hope to meet you folks. I think the JR near me may have also scaled down. I think most of their outlets focused on tobacco and dropped some of the rest of the business, as I understood, when the change was made about three or four years ago.

rblood

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2015
Ahh, yep a bit of a road trip for you mso. If you are in our neck of the state let us know - the "Pharts" would love to have you join us.

Status
Not open for further replies.