PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
Let me start off by saying the following:
Dear Mr. Patton; Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the love of all that is Holy, thank you.
This blend is nothing shy of amazing. It reminds of me of the old "codger burleys" of old, only not goopy, not heavily cased, more flavorful, and a lot more rich. This blend couldnt produce tongue bite if it wanted to, at least for me, and the flavor was so simple and rich, nutty and smooth with the cigar leaf adding an almost "meaty" quality to the smoke. The cut was perfect and packed effortlessly, and I think I had two relights throughout the whole bowl. Smoked perfectly in a medium sized Savinelli Antique Shell Billiard, and was a nice slow burn. Will be adding more of this to the cellar for sure!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Oh man, I've bought 8 tins this month alone and now I feel compelled to buy this one. Also great reviews on tobaccoreviews.com. Thanks for the post. More shopping to do.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
Glad you enjoy it. It's my favorite of all my blends, and the first one with cigar leaf. BTW, Mr. Patton was my dad, I'm just John.

nbpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Sigh...theres another one added to the list to try. I really shouldn't read posts here as my "to try"list keeps getting bigger and it gets hard to pick what to order.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Is this an aromatic matchstickman? I like the way you decribed it. Sounds like something I want to try.

Jul 15, 2011
Is this an aromatic matchstickman
The flavor in the bag smells of pure tobacco, so I dont think it is topped with anything. I think the aroma of it is rather pleasant, though some may not agree. I live with a 20 year old girl and her guy friend, and the two of them tell me I have to smoke my heavier English mixtures outdoors because they hate the smell. Neither of them commented on the smell, so it must not have been too offensive. You should definitely give it a shot. Great stuff!

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
mp31guitar, Storm Front isn't an aromatic, although the aroma is fairly decent. Most folks feel that the cigar leaf adds a creaminess to the smoke. It not only gets high marks for most everyone, but is one of the best selling of my blends.

mike68

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2011
I've been hesitant in trying a pipe toby with cigar leaf since I'd rather keep the 2 separate. Now after reading this and the reviews online, it's on the TAD....thanks for the tip!

macnutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2011
I see I'm not the only one who really should not read these reviews and discussion. It's becoming expensive.:) I'm fond of cigars but not the price of them. So I've been reading the reviews of pipe tobaccos with cigar leaf in the blend. Now I really Must try Storm Front ( I even like the name). Now, If I can find it in Canada.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
macnutz, Storm Front and my other blends are only available from 4noggins, but Rich ships to Canada. Just so everyone knows, you won't actually be overwhelmed by the cigar leaf, it works more as a flavor-enhancer, and stays pretty much completely in the background.
http://www.4noggins.com/johnpattontiltjlp.aspx

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
John, hats off to ya!

As the result of a cigar blend discussion some time back I received a really generous sampling of your Storm Front yesterday.

Had a bowl earlier today in a briar, have one going just now in a cob.
This is a really enjoyable smoke this one is, wow! Thanks for blending this one up for us!!!

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Storm Front is one of my favorites - It is my go to burley if I am not smoking burley mixture from LJ Peretti's. Well done.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Added to TAD list. Great price too! I can't wait to try it.
I often forget how many members on here are blenders, or sell pipe stem oil, etc.
Always good stuff to know. Especially since I can get it from a sponsor!

Status
Not open for further replies.