PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
B5DC42F8-C2A4-48BC-813E-B3DFB49EE38F-21582-00002D2048DF25F7_zps45465851.jpg
Just won this on EBay, Coopersark had it up, over 7 inches long, almost 3 inches tall on Bowl, it's a Hummdinger.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
That's awesome Bradley. I haven't been online for several days and really didn't see that one. I am personal friends with John Eells and he is one hell of a pipe maker believe me. I am quite sure that pipe comes from the estate of Geoff Shepard who was a big Ashton Collector and member of CORPS in Richmond, VA.

Congrats on a fine example of John Eells' work, they don't come across the auction block very often.

Andy

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
John cuts a great looking pipe. His eye for proportion on the very large standard shapes is outstanding plus he was a top notch blaster. 8O

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
His pipes have a great reputation. I met John at the Richmond show two years ago but didn't know who he was until after the show. He haggled like a mercenary with me on some old GBD's, than gave me a nice deal on this Ashton that he made in Taylors shop. The pipe is stamped 3X but is much larger. Oddly, it had the tiniest bowl I've ever seen. John said he made it for flakes, but never smoked it. The bowl didn't work well with my ribbon-cut lat blends, so I sent it to George Dibos who re-drilled the bowl at 22 MM (I think it was 17 mm).

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
She sure is pretty, Bradley. Looks by the size it should be right up your alley. Congrats and Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.