PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
I just noticed that pipestud is offering a copy of the late John C. Loring's book titled "The Dunhill Briar Pipe - The Patent Years And After" for sale on his eBay Website (Pipestud's Consignment Shop on eBay).
This soft-cover book is a treasure trove of information about Dunhill pipes, written by a well-known and respected authority on the subject, and is a worthy addition to any Dunhill devotee's library.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
kcghost:
Good catch. The book pictured in the listing is Loring's. The text, however, describes "A Pipe Smoker's Guide" by Charles Graves, a copy of which I purchased from Mr. Fallon's eBay store a few weeks ago.
My guess is that he simply copied and pasted the wrong description into this listing.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I just love it when my mistakes go viral. :oops:
huntertrw hit the nail on the head. I was using a template from a previous listing of another book and after putting up the new photos, forgot to change out the item description. So, I am afraid I had to end the Loring book listing and have corrected my error and will relist the book this coming Saturday.
Apologies if I confused anyone other than myself (which I do regularly). :cry:

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Now there is a man of integrity. An individual acknowledged to be an authority on the subject saying I'm sorry I messed up. Pipestud you're someone to be admired. Makes me glad I come here.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Thanks for the kind words, gloucesterman. But really, no big deal. I've spent a large part of my life apologizing and have actually gotten quite good at it. :wink:
Pipestud

neverbend

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2014
Apologies if I confused anyone other than myself (which I do regularly). :cry:
Steve, as punishment you should be made to smoke three bowls of a smelly Lakeland in the pipe of your choice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.