PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
I've had two tins on backorder since January. They just came in at Pipes & Cigars. I got my notice that they will ship Monday. I also ordered two new ones. Still in stock as of this moment. I'll get out of the way now so I don't get run over... :D

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
Same here coalsmoke. I just remember cigarmaster saying it was a really fine flake and it was part of his cellar so I ordered a couple but didn't think they'd ever come in. I figured this will sell out pretty quickly

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Thanks for the heads up. 10 tins on the way. I believe this is the one Harris said was harder to get than Stonehaven.

B

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
It was harder to get than Stonehaven until this last week. A decent supply has come through various retailers.
Even though I got 10 earlier this week I snagged another 12 for free shipping. At $8 and change when you buy 5+ you can't beat that. Especially since SPC raised their price on this to over $13.

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
mrjerke, what is your take on this flake? You must like it, as many as you ordered. One of the upper tier of flakes, in your opinion?

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
After reading cigrmaster rave over this stuff I just ordered 5 tins. Great price too!!!! Now the wait........

Dec 24, 2012
$8 is a fantastic price. I was astounded when I saw that SP had raised the price of this blend by over $3 a tin. I guess they feel that the demand warrants it, and the fact that it still sold out so quickly suggests that they were correct.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I was at soccer tournaments since 7am and just got home. P&C is out. You are all truly locusts :)

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Glad to hear that opinion of it Peck. I'm a Klondike Gold is one of my top 3 smokes.

B

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Received my shipment from P&C and was extremely disappointed. My 12 tins were in a half empty box with ZERO packaging. Not poorly packed, not put in a box with little room, not padded AT ALL.
Upon inspection I do not see any visible damage but it is hard to tell. Call me crazy but when I spend $100 with a business I expect them to take a little care with my purchase.
They had a packaging problem a while back but I was under the assumption this was rectified. I was proven wrong.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Same here Mr Jerke, 8 of my 12 tins are dented in ways to effect the seal. And 7 of those 8 are Aylesbury flake, which is backordered. I was disappointed in the way I was treated after my last transaction with P&C, but really wanted to try this tobacco so I gave them another shot. They offered for me to send them back and wait on more on backorder. Waiting till Monday to see if a manager is willing to discount them since I will have to jar them. This will be my last order from them for sure.

B

Dec 24, 2012
Yeesh guys, I am very sorry to hear about this.
I am surprised Russ Ouellette isn't completely bald from pulling his hair out over stuff like this.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I received my order of 5 tins the other day and it was also packed nicely. Bubble packing was keeping everything tight. Maybe the problem is with a particular packer/shipper at P&C?

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Peck, I feel for Russ. I would have given up on it by now if I was him.
I'm glad I was able to get some though. Smoking it now, and it is an incredible flake. I'll update what I hear from them tomorrow.

B

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I have 2 tins coming from SP this week.

Similarly, I read Harris' post about how great it was.....

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
How do you screw up at packing so bad? This is just completely unacceptable.
Either:

A) You trained someone properly and they choose to be a doorknob and package this horribly in which case they should be fired or

B) You gave this person zero training and they were a doorknob who couldn't package to begin with in which case maybe you need a new shipping department manager.
I do enjoy the business that includes a note with something to the effect of "packaged with care by so and so" taped to the box. A little accountability seems to never hurt.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
I agree Mrjerke, for the number of complaints I've heard about this over such a long time span, it's completely unacceptable. I called them again today and they said they would be willing to do a discount, but did not have a number yet as to how much. Should know something tomorrow.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.