PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Seriously?? You are advertising a podcast that runs at a similar time as the pipesmagazine.com radio show?? That's chutzpah. I went to the site and didn't see anything that indicated where to find the podcast.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
That's something TobaccoPipes.com might consider, although 7:30 on a Tuesday is a pretty popular time for lots of things.
The good thing about the radio show is that you can download and watch it if your schedule does not permit listening to it live.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
kcghost, looks like it'll be on YouTube. Deathmetal's image is hyperlinked. Also, here's a link to the question form, from their Instagram profile: https://plus.google.com/app/basic/events/c7e3qosakclth74vrlv4rlftpmk

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
This is a different interview, done by the TobaccoPipes staff, who do a good job as well but have a different style from Brian. Perhaps Renia will enlighten us further.

reniaeats

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Hey Guys, Deathmetal, thanks for sharing!
We don't mean to conflict with the Pipes Magazine Radio Show, but I only have two or three evenings per month that I can do these hangouts and we have to match those up with the times that our pipe makers have available. We are doing them as Google Hangouts on Air now, so if you don't catch it live you can watch the repeat on YouTube and you have until midnight PST (for our West Coast friends) to enter the contest.
We do an interview, usually a couple of months after we launch a new maker, in this format each time we launch a new artisan pipe maker on our site. We like to give the community a chance to ask questions, give people a chance to win something fun, and of course have some fun ourselves.
You can watch live on Youtube, but if you want to ask questions in the live Q&A, you need to watch on the Google Hangouts Page. You can get the info on it here: Google Hangout with Joe Case
We will announce the lineup for the first few months of the new year tonight. We do one per month and always have a special giveaway. Let us know about times/days that might be appealing to you and we will try to see if we can work some alternate times into the schedule in the future.
Thanks guys! :)

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Joe Case is cool. I'm trying to save up. Going to get a JC Pipe. I figure I'll call then man when funds are right. :worship:

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
I'm all for more content in our community! I don't think any content provider (whether it be Pipes Magazine, the Country Squire, youtube presenters, or any other) see each other as competition, more likely each new source of content allows our small community to grow!

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I really don't care when you do your podcast, but it shows a distinct lack of class to have it at the same time as another podcast and then advertise on that other venue about your podcast. I love the Country Squire and Pipes Magazine podcasts which are at similar times. Notice you don't see the Country Squire guys using the PM forums to advertise their podcast or vice versa.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I'm all for more content in our community! I don't think any content provider (whether it be Pipes Magazine, the Country Squire, youtube presenters, or any other) see each other as competition, more likely each new source of content allows our small community to grow!
I agree, and this is the reason I posted it.
advertise on that other venue about your podcast
A clarification: I posted it, and I'm not affiliated at all with TP.
A suggestion: communities online are like other communities. It benefits the community to be a single gathering point where all news is available.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
On air now:
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/onair/watch?hid=hoaevent/c7e3qosakclth74vrlv4rlftpmk&ytl=6yL84R0jAFM&wpsrc=yta
Downloading PipesMagazine radio show for portable use...

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I watched the interview, asked my questions and enjoyed it a lot.
Which questions did you send in? I couldn't hear Ben/Renia very well; miking is a pain in the ass sometimes.

reniaeats

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 4, 2014
United States
@deathmetal...yeah, we're going to do it in a padded room next time :D

Each time I get a little better with the sound. One of these days I'll have a studio, but right now it's still a pipe dream. Thanks for listening in!

Status
Not open for further replies.