JM Boswell's No Bite Delight....First Time.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeguy23

Lurker
Dec 30, 2015
This morning I tried Boswells No Bite Delight.....I have to say it was very good and they weren't kidding when they said there is no bite to it. It's a blended tobacco (Virginias, cavendish, not sure if there is any other types of tobacco in it), and it is hand blended at their shop in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. It paired very well with my morning coffee (Gloria Jeans: Mudslide/with some French Vanilla Creamed.). The tobacco has a fairly unique aroma when smelling it by itself with not lite. This is an aromatic tobacco blend and I could taste/smell some chocolate and Carmel throughout in addition to a very pleasant room note. I have yet to try a bad blend yet from The Boswells, however I will say I'm personally not a fan of straight Virginia (burns the crap out of my tongue/mouth). I usually smoke a bowl on the way to work with a cup of coffee to wake up. Tomorrow's blend will be Boswells Smokers Choice and I'll post my thoughts on this tomorrow morning. If you guys have any other questions about my thoughts on this blend please ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

deuce26

Can't Leave
Jan 29, 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
Haven't had that one, but I love Boswells Bear Blend. I recently stumbled across it as I'm typically a VA/Per guy, but I have found myself reaching for it a lot lately.

pipeguy23

Lurker
Dec 30, 2015
My favorite by far from them is Paradise.....which is an all black cavendish blend. Almost finished off the Christmas Cookie I got last month. They have a new English/aromatic they say and if you buy 4oz from them they will send you a free 1oz sample of a blend called Titus (I think the name of their dog that's at the shop but don't remember for sure). They said it's an English with citrus flavor I think but not sure. Might have to try it in one of my "sample" pipes.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Idk about the rest, but their "Paradise" sounds exactly like Bennington's #40/Erebus (coarse-cut all-black mild vanilla-flavored burley cavendish)...which in turn sounds exactly like Lane's BCA, which like most of Lane's bulk blends has been sold to and re-labeled by tobacco stores for ages. I haven't cross-checked the other Boswell blends but I'm wondering if they aren't re-labeled Lane's, or maybe mixtures of them?

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Idk about the rest, but their "Paradise" sounds exactly like Bennington's #40/Erebus (coarse-cut all-black mild vanilla-flavored burley cavendish)...which in turn sounds exactly like Lane's BCA, which like most of Lane's bulk blends has been sold to and re-labeled by tobacco stores for ages. I haven't cross-checked the other Boswell blends but I'm wondering if they aren't re-labeled Lane's, or maybe mixtures of them?
I don't think so. I've sampled quite a bit of their fare, and find their tobacco to be quite distinct.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
The only Boswell blends I've tried are Christmas Cookie, Rum River, and No Bite Delite - they were all terrific.

Reminds me I should probably order from them again...

Status
Not open for further replies.