PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
J.M Boswells for anyone who enjoys aromatics they make some good ones as well as the English blend northwoods a really solid smoke. You can visit the site www.boswellpipes.com I hear the pipes they make are also good as well, but they mainly take orders over phone and ships out very quick. I def. will do business with these guys again.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Welcome to the forums. It is pretty sad when I call Boswells up and just by voice they know who they are talking too. Well sad that I call there so much, but great that they have the best customer service, hands down. All their tobaccos are reallt yummy, and the pipes are top notch.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
When I see the name Boswell, I now think of large bowls and Northwoods.

I've never had either one of their pipes or blends. Just from reading here, that's my 'take'.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
I have 2 of their pipes! They are phenomenal people to deal with and ship very fast, usually with a free sample and some pipe cleaners/czech tool. If you guys have instagram and want to see some Boswellpipes I posted pics of mine, delro91
Oh and northwoods is my #1 :puffpipe:

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Yeah, solid pipes, not always my style, but enjoy the two I have. I have only dealt with Dan, but the interactions with him gave me hope for the future of customer service!

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Great tobacco, great people. Never had a bad experience with Boswells.

bigjohn

Lurker
Aug 17, 2014
I visited yesterday. The local crew was out in full force. B1 Bob was causing trouble, Archie was mooching stoogies from Dan, Dan was working pipes, and Jm was working the room. JM had me try a bowl of Rattray's Red Reparee; it was very nice. He talked me out of an 8oz bag of Esoterica Tillbury ( before you call, he has no Stonehaven, Penzance, Dorcester, or Dunbar) until I tried a bowl and ended up selling me 100g of Rattray Old Gowrie. Love that place. I try to visit on a Saturday afternoon every 2-3 weeks.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I did have an issue with my recent order got a poker pipe an ounce of cupcake and 3 ounces of northwoods, well I received my order and to my surprise 3 ounces of PA Dutch treat no northwoods....I called them and explained what happened and direct quote " alright well we will get that 3 oz of northwoods shipped Monday. Did we charge you right for the northwoods? Ok well we will get that sent and don't worry about the PA Dutch treat smoke and enjoy it or give it to a friend that will enjoy it". I would say this is solid customer service and I will continue to buy from them.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
You may TALK to "Dan" or whomever, but orders are being packed by employees, not machines, I imagine.

It would cost everyone more for you to return the incorrect delivery and makes good business sense to correct it on their end.

I've never heard anything bad about this outfit, and in fact consider them to be stalwart players who love their game.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Great stuff again got my northwoods today and a post it note saying sorry, also a pack of matches good stuff from these guys.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I have nothing but good words for Boswells. Pipes are great for the price and Northwoods is a winner. So is Boswells Premium Burley.

schaum

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2014
I bought a pair of their "shotgun" pipes several years ago,,,shotshell brass where the stem enters.
Good pipes at a good price, then a close friend talked me out of both. He still enjoys ragging on me about that.

groovesmith75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 29, 2014
Ive been to their b&m and hung out with dan. Top nitch customer service. Tild him what I was looking for and i didnt see one out so he said let me go checkbin the back. He came out with not 1 but 2 pokers to choose from. I wound up buying 2 pipes that day and their awsome. Higly recommeded place. Cant wait to go back its about a 2 1/2 hr drive from me.

pcr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2014
I have a freehand from 2007 that is just an awesome smoker!

Status
Not open for further replies.