PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

1fatbbqr

Lurker
Apr 21, 2013
I will be in Chambersburg, PA this weekend visiting relatives, and thought I might stop by Boswell's while I'm up there. I am relatively new to pipe smoking and am still not sure what types of tobacco I favor yet. I am definitely interested in all types of flavors. I used to smoke cigars, and can really appreciate a wide wide range of flavors. I've been to his shop before, picked up two of his pipes, but was too new to pipes to even contemplate getting one of his blends. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for any of their blends that I should try. I am very interested to hear any suggestions, and will provide a full report of what I get and my thoughts about each type.

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
Definitely get some northwoods its great ... one of my favorite aromatics is the xmas cookie and the paradise if your a vanilla fan altho most of his blends are great ... nice mild tasty smokes with zero bite

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I've tried Christmas Cookie, Berry Cobbler, and Northwoods. Christmas Cookie is good. I particularly like Berry Cobbler, as I can actually get the berry flavor out of it, unlike so many aromatics. I think Northwoods is the real winner though.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
OOOOO, I love boswells!!! Only one I havent liked is pom holiday. Shoot a message to bring back their autumn blend!

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Just tell them what you told us in your post. I'm sure they can set you up with a sampling of their blends. Let them know what you have smoked and what you have liked and disliked. Take your pipe (sometimes shops will let you sample a bowlful for free).

Jul 12, 2011
Great shop, aromatics are top-notch if you like those style blends..

I also found when I was out there last July that they also had a

serious stock of SG & MC tins on the shelves ;-). When I was there

I chose a nice rusticated Volcano, a few aromatics and some

SG Best Brown Flake...the staff was outstanding with customer

service and Dan helped me find that Volcano... But so many great

bacci pipes there...I must have just stood in front of the cases for

over an hour...while two gents enjoyed a pipe and cigar in front

the window ;-) great times....
I also made it a point on the way home to stop at Wing's shop as

well where I discovered and picked up my first

tin of MB ODF

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
wow dude, I am GREEN with envy. That place is Mecca. My fav Boswell blend is Berry Cobler but Pipers Pleasure, Apple Strudle and Paradise are all extremely awesome. I'd pick up a pipe or two if you can. I don't think I'd get outta there for less than a grand.....

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I definitely recommend Bear Blend. It's a great cross-over blend. Bring a few pipes, you can sample jars in their lounge. On the weekend, the upstairs should be open which is loaded with tobacciana. Enjoy and report back! I'd head up and meet you, but we're heading to New Orleans in the AM.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Berry Cobbler, X-Mass Cookie, No-Bite Delite, Raspberry Cream are my favorites by him. My favorite by him has to be X-Mass Cookie and it seems to be most people's favorite as well. I never liked smoking Northwoods, it's too much like lighting up pine needles in a pipe.

1fatbbqr

Lurker
Apr 21, 2013
Thanks for all your suggestions. I just got back from my trip to Chambersburg. I'll have a write up on my very productive trip to Boswell's in a few days. Thanks again for all your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.