PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
So, a friend had recieved some Boswell blends that he was not a fan of ( noramlly a non-aro guy), soo i told them i'd take them off his hands. I figured something new is something new regardless and gave it a try. I noticed when i recieved them it had a nice berry scent reminiscent of a cherry mixed with a few other berries but not overly powerful. I gave it a pinc and noticed it was still a bit too moist for my liking, possibly due to the ziploc bag in which he offered. So it dried for about half nd hour or so. Dried up quite a bit as not to clump when squeezed. I packed a bowl about 3/4 full and proceeded outside to smoke. The charring light was good, very smoky and fresh. Once that had gone out and was tamped down i proceeded with the ember light. Still nice full smoke and great room note, however it left a nutty berry flavor in my mouth. It was quite a bit different than i would have expected, it would seem that there is probably some good Latakia in there to add that rich tobacco note while imbuing with a nutty flavor to accent the berries. It was a smooth dry smoke the whole way through. Its pleasant note lasted much longer than most aro's and i was complimented by others that walked by, so i guess it was public apporved. Yet i found the only downfall, mostly on my side, i'm sure was it seems i didnt let it dry far enough as it went out more often that i felt it should. I tried the thumb cover method to save thhe dying ember, I tamped a bit more because as it would smoke the ashes were so light and fluffy they would almost disinegrate leaving little to keep a tight ember. Overall it was a great smoke. It did amaze me thought as i came in to empty the bowl that the 3/4 bowl was reduced to almost an 1/8 of a bowl of ashes. It would have seemed that i had only filled the bowl 1/2 or a quarter of the way. I was impressed how fluffy and light the ash left behind was. This to me represents little artificial casing (aside the obvious berry flavors) and a high quality tobacco leaf. I was very happy with this blend, and i'm sure next time oonce it dries a bit moore, i'll find it to be a very full long smoke. Well worth the experience, and highly reccomended for those wishing to try a better quality aromatic.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I am not sure which of their blends you are describing but Boswell's Berry Cobbler, Pennsylvania Dutch Treat, and Cherry Smash, all of which might tend to give you a cherry flavor based on my experience and their web site. I have not smoked the Cherry Smash but very much enjoyed the first two.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
It's the Berry Cobbler. I may have to give the other blends a try now as well. I have some peaches and cream I friend gave me, so we'll see how that works out as well.

ember

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
I am a new pipe smoker just started last summer and Boswell blends were my first tobacco purchase. I got x mas cookie ,Cherry blast, Berry cobbler and Pipers pleasure. At first I didn't enjoy any of them except Pipers pleasure but now after the tobacco has dried a little after almost a year and my pipe smoking technique has improved I am enjoying them very much. I've tried a few other cherry blends from other company's and Boswell is the best One so far. My favorite out of the 4 is pipers pleasure (it smells like chocolate) The one that I didn't like was Christmas Cookie I didn't like the flavor and couldn't smell anything that resembled a cookie. When I need to replenish tobacco Boswell will be at the top of my list

Status
Not open for further replies.