PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The Cyprian latakia is the most prominent component, but this is not quite a lat-bomb in the sense that the other tobaccos obviously contribute. The latakia is very smokey, woody, and mildly sweet. It may also account for a hint of incense. The dark fired Kentucky burley is lightly floral, very earthy, fairly woody, smokey and nutty sweet with a fair amount of spice that underscores the latakia in every puff. The black cavendish has a very light vanilla hit, and serves to smooth out the smoke a little. I also get a vinegar/barbeque note through much of the proceedings, which works well with the fermented taste that stems from the pressing of the flake. The nic-hit is just past the medium threshold. I rate the strength level as strong and the taste is full. I do not recommend a big bowl for this.
The flake is a little moist, and easily broken apart to suit your preference. Needs no dry time. Burns at a slow pace with a cool, clean, spicy smooth, lightly creamy, very consistent flavor. Has no dull, weak, or harsh spots. It does require a few relights, but not enough to bug you. Leaves almost no moisture in the bowl, and will burn to the last ember. The after taste pleasantly lingers, though it does have a strong room note. A very rich, deep, well melded and complex, full-bodied flake for the experienced smoker.

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
Been wanting to try this one for a while. I've been enjoying some lat blends that have a bit of black cavendish in them. Seems to smooth out and sweeten the flavor a bit. Great review!

Status
Not open for further replies.