PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The woody, earthy, leathery, rather floral, sweet and sour, mildly spicy, nutty Oriental/Turkish take a little of the lead over the other components without dominating. The smoky, woody, musty sweet Cyprian latakia takes a secondary lead over the fermented dark fruity, tangy citrusy, earthy, lightly grassy Virginias. They also sport a slight stewed fruitiness. The Virginias are obviously made by McClelland, and the “vinegar” notes, as small as they are, last to the finish. The strength is just short of being medium while the taste level is medium. The nic-hit is in the center of mild to medium. No chance of bite or harshness. Burns cool, clean and a little slow as flakes tend to do, with a mostly consistent, fairly rich, complex and nuanced sweet and savory flavor from start to finish. Leaves little moisture in the bowl, and needs some relights. Has a pleasantly lingering after taste. Can be an all day smoke for the veteran.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
One of my favorite flakes from Peretti. Thanks for the great review, Jim. I love to read your review of a blend while I am smoking the very blend. I try to taste what you describe; usually with little success, but it does make the smoke all the more enjoyable.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I think the secret to his powers is all of those grilled cheese sandwiches.
They must do an exceptional job of resetting the palate! :nana:
jay-roger.jpg

Jul 12, 2011
Their London Flake is outstanding as well;
London Flake

One of the most popular blends in flakes is found here in this Virginia/perique flake. The orange and lemon Virginias provide a fine level of sweetness which is nicely complemented by the spicy kick of the perique.

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
Thanks for the heads-up Jay. I waa reading reviews on it last night and as vaper lover I was saying to myself how did I miss to try London Flake!

Status
Not open for further replies.