PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The Virginia is naturally sweet with a little citrus and a touch of grass. The smokey latakia is ever present, and mildly sweet, but it never rises above being a good supporting player. The Orientals are spicy and seem to be more prominent from the half way point on to the finish. There's also a slight woodsy quality that I believe comes from both the latakia and/or the Turkish. There's an extremely mild topping that's hard to identify, though it seems to be a little tangy and tartly orange-like. Here and there, I get a hint of vanilla, and I suspect a pinch of black cavendish may be present. Burns well and fairly cool, though I have to slow my smoking down the last third of the bowl to avoid a slight harshness.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Thanks Jim! I enjoy your reviews, and will often refer to them as I smoke the same blend and compare notes.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Great review Jim! I tend to use your reviews as an owners manual. Based on your reviews and my pathetic ability to taste these smokes, your reviews a lot of times decide what I buy. Unfortunately, I have no sense of smell...

Dec 24, 2012
As always, your reviews are a valuable contribution to a hobby. I enjoy reading them and look forward to them.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Thanks for the kind words, fellas. I'm still wondering about that occasional hint of vanilla, though. It's so vague for the most part that I can't define what causes it whenever I noticed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.