Jim's Paul Olsen My Own Blend Three Nuns Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Despite the description, this company does not use the original VaPer Three Nuns recipe. If they did, it would be a closer match, whereas I find it to be more like a mildly sweeter Peter Heinrichs Curly Special. The red and lighter Virginias are tangy dried fruit sweet with a little citrus. No grass notes, but there is a minor earthiness. There's a very light honey note that likely comes from the brighter Virginia, but it is possible that it comes from an extremely mild topping. That's hard to determine, though I don't think a topping is present. There are some brown strands that appear to be malawi, offering a lightly sweet nuttiness. The perique is more raisins and figs than spice, as the latter note is not nearly as potent as it was in the old VaPer Three Nuns. It more along the level found in Heinrichs Curly. The nic-hit is mild. Well blended, you will notice every nuance in every puff with no weakening of any inherent flavors. The cut is curly and ribbon, and packs very easily. Burns at a moderate rate; cool, clean, smooth and even with virtually no moisture in the bowl. Has a very pleasant after taste. The room note is pleasant, too. Milder than VaPer Three Nuns in every way, this is an all day smoke that wears well during the repeats. Not sold in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.