PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The two varietals of cigar are the dominant components, and offers a little smokiness, some floralness, a bit of wood and earth with a little spicy sweetness along with a bare essence of creaminess. Dominican Corojo is the major cigar leaf, and I’m not sure what the other cigar tobacco is, but it sort of reminds me of Connecticut shade. The earthy, toasty, nutty and dry burley is a supporting player as is the lightly sweet, mostly sour, floral, woody Turkish. The Virginias are almost background ingredients with some grass and earth, light citrus, and tart and tangy dark fruit. The nutty, woody, lightly spicy dark fired Kentucky is a little more obvious than the Virginia. Underscoring the experience is the smoothing brown sugar feature of black cavendish. The nic-hit is a little closer to medium than it is to mild. No chance of bite or harshness, but here and there sports a rough note. The strength level starts out just below medium, and gains a little power as you go along, mostly settling in as a step or two above medium. The taste threshold at its peak barely crosses medium. The moist plug is easy to prepare to suit your preference, and may need a light dry time, though I saw no need to do so. Burns cool, clean and slow. As this complex blend has a number of nuances that waft in and out as you go along, there is a little inconsistency in flavor. Leaves very little dampness in the bowl, and requires some relights. Has a floral, woody, lightly sour/sweet after taste that lingers a little. The room note is pleasant to tolerable. Not an all day smoke.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a long line of tins unopened, but with my weakness for Dominican cigar leaf, I might have to put this on my list. This sounds like it has a lot of complexity worked together pretty well.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
Jim when rating Cellar Series do you take in account the aging potential or do you just rate it as it is now?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Kanse: I think it's impossible to gauge the aging potential. One would need a crystal ball or a time machine to actually know what changes would happen. I rate blends as I get them.
Paulie: They are not similar in taste at all. Different cigar varietals, and different supporting players. Also, Seersucker is a much more complex plug, and Sansepolcro is mostly ribbon cut.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Now you're going to have to compare this Seersucker to the one that The Country Squire has been making a decade or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.