PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The red Virginias are mildly tangy, earthy, sweet with a touch of dark fruit. The white burley is dryly sharp with some sourness, while the brown burleys are slightly sweet and toasted nutty, though the latter is often drowned out by the former. The perique is mildly present with a little spice, raisin and plum. The Katirini Turkish is very smoky and woody with some dry sour notes, and is more obvious than the tin description describes. Overall, this sweet and sour plug is easily broken apart, and some flavors can be subtle as they are often more noticeable at various times during the smoke. Burns cool and dry with no dull or harsh spots, no bite and no dottle. I think it works best when puffed at a slow or moderate rate as white burley can show more strength when it's smoked fast. A regular cadence will better reveal the complexity of the blend.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sounds like a winner in my book Jim. Thanks for another amazing and informative review! May have to pick some up to try out!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great review, comprehensive but concise. C&D does such skillful and thoughtful blending.

I don't love every blend they do, but when you find one you like, it's intensely pleasing. This

one sounds challenging and complex. I greatly admire their use of burley in non-aromatics,

among the best of this kind. That's one of their strengths; with burley, C&D is hard to beat.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Great review! but I have to stay away from them because they make me want to buy more tobacco!

Status
Not open for further replies.