PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Well, I did it! I placed a big order today with Pipes&Cigars, and was happily surprised that master blender Russ answered the phone. He was gracious enough to let me pick his brain for a half hour before I ordered. What a tremendously nice man!

Here's what I'm getting:

Hearth & Home Louisiana Red eight 8 oz.tins

Hearth & Home Classic Burley Kake two 8 oz. tins

Hearth & Home Old Companion two 8 oz. tins

Hearth & Home Rolando's Own four 8 oz. tins

Hearth & Home Magnum Opus 8 oz. bulk

Hearth & Home Mohawk River one 8 oz. tin

Hearth & Home Old Tartan one 8 oz. tin

Hearth & Home Slice o' Gold one 2 oz. tin

Dorchester one 8 oz. bag

Dunbar four 8 oz. bags

Angler's Dream Pipe tub

Plus free samples!!
Gee, think I'll run out something to smoke any time, soon?

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Nice haul jiminks. Should take you a couple of days to go through all of that. :)

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
nice haul! I haven't tried most of those blends, but i can tell you that LA Red is fantastic. It has become one of the most enjoyable smokes for me. Happy puffing!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Gnatjulio: I've been wanting to try it, too. The bulk price is much cheaper than the tin, so I went for it.
Mountainman: I love Louisiana Red. One of my favorite smokes. This will bring my total to 14 eight ounce tins, not including the one I opened up a few days ago.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Well, I'll have wait on the Angler's Dream because it and six of the eight Louisiana Red tins are on back order. The rest was shipped out today. I hope they remembered to include the free samples. :)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Congrats on your big TAD score. That is a very nice selection of blends. I am sure you had a great time on the phone with Russ, must have been very cool picking the brain of the guy who makes your favorite blends.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Thanks, cigrmaster. I loved talking to Russ and learning from him about the making of some of the blends. He was gracious to a fault, and I thought, rather self-effacing. When I told him, "You've changed the way I smoke," I could virtually hear him blush as he thanked me. I could tell that meant a lot to him. It's great to have the chance to show appreciation to someone who deserves it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Well, my order, minus the back ordered Angler's Dream Pipe and 6 tins of Louisiana Red, have arrived in great shape. I got free samples, too. No calendar, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.