PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
In celebration of my 43rd anniversary of being a pipe smoker, I am smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in the very first pipe I ever smoked (which was my father’s pipe), a late 1950s smooth with etched grooves straight Willard long stem adjustomatic Canadian with a black vulcanite stem.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Congratulations, Jim. Good choice of tobacco.
But a question: After all those years of smoke, tar and nicotine why aren't you pushing up daisies?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Jim, I'm tempted to congratulate you for 43 years of smoking ... and doing it in only six months! I can't identify anyone who has tried more blends and single leaf and reviewed more blends than you. Certainly no one has more posts on "What Are You Smoking?" than you. You really set the pace for vast pipe smoking experience.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Elpfeife, if I had a nickel for every time I've been asked that, I'd own half the country, man! :rofl: All I can tell you is I love pipe smoking, and can't imagine not doing it. With today being a special anniversary for me - I celebrate it every year - and as I've made it this far without any health problems (every year I get a check up, the doctor says my lungs are completely clear), I'm figuring I was born on Krypton! :rofl:
MSO, DaveT, and Orley: Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad to be your company.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
But a question: After all those years of smoke, tar and nicotine why aren't you pushing up daisies?
Tar is a preservative! With all the smoke Jim is curing himself from the inside out.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I am adding you to my list of "proofs" that the dangers in pipe smoking are often greatly overstated. :clap:

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Congrats Jim. Thank you for all your contributions to the pipe and leaf group here and elsewhere. I've learned a lot from what you have said, and am looking forward to your next 43 years. Thank you sir!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
David, I am very appreciative of your kind words, and happy that I have been of help to you. Thank you.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Jim, I can't thank you enough for your vast contribution to the pastime. I consider myself a lucky beneficiary of your keen palate and lucent writing. Never, for even a moment, think that the attention and effort you put into your reviews goes unnoticed or unappreciated. :puffy:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Cortez: you humble me, sir, and I am so happy to be a part of a forum with such great people like you.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Jim-
Congratulations on a distinguished dual (at least) careers as an inker and pipe smoker par excellence. Thanks for your many contributions.
John

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Jim, congrats on another year of pipe smoking. Since it is hard for me to find people to smoke with here, I have used your reviews consistently when shopping new blends to try and what to cellar. You are awesome!
Thank you.

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
Congratulations Jim and a special thank you for being a active contributing member to the pipe smoking community. I for one have learned a tremendous amount about pipe smoking and tobacco from you. Here's to many more years of enjoyment.

Status
Not open for further replies.