PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I used to toot my horn when I passed landmarks in number of posts, but then I started noticing jiminks numbers. I think he must be the all-time record holder. Erstwhile member roth got to 16K and someting, as I recall, and maybe a few others have gotten in that neighborhood, but jiminks with his "what are you smoking entires," and his resulting excellent reviews, and many other good posts on other subjects, is the shooting star of posters. Wow. Congrats to him on an ongoing basis.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
I think he spends all day smoking and posting, but the reviews are great and helpful to many, keep it up Jim :puffpipe:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Jim's a artist by gift and by trade, so he smokes while he works. Among other works, he does prolific graphics for major comic books, if I have that right.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Thanks, MSO. I hadn't looked at my post count in a while, and was unaware of where I was. Sure seems like I got here quickly, but then again, it doesn't seem like I've been on this forum for over four years either. Time sure flies.
MSO has it right. I am a cartoonist. I am also a writer. And fortunate enough to work at home where I can smoke when and what I want, and plan my own hours so long as I get my work done. I've worked at writing and drawing long enough that the last time I worked out of house, I was able to smoke at my job. That seems like quite a long time ago, too, and looking back, I suppose it was. We sure get to where we are before we know it.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
WOW! 18,484 in 4 years! I'm on a lot of forums, and I never see that many posts by one person with more years active.
Congrats! I enjoy your comments.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I think it's more than fair to say that Jim is an asset for all of us and you'll never speak to a finer gentleman.

mso489, you are correct in noting roth's number of posts. Another prolific poster was Lawrence, who was one of the first moderators here. Sadly, he withdrew from the forums a couple of years ago due to family obligations. Another fine person who is very mush missed here.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Thanks for the kind words, fellas. As for a photo of me, well, it'd scare the burley outta you guys. Just imagine Boris Karloff and you'll get the idea. :puffpipe:

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"WOW! 18,484 in 4 years! I'm on a lot of forums, and I never see that many posts by one person with more years active."
It's quite easy to achieve Frank if you make a post every time you light your pipe!
Regards,
Jay.

thesillyoldbear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
"WOW! 18,484 in 4 years! I'm on a lot of forums, and I never see that many posts by one person with more years active."
It's quite easy to achieve Frank if you make a post every time you light your pipe!
Regards,
Jay.
Don't forget his reviews, the answered questions, and the helping out of new folk.
This place is definitely much richer for having Jim as a member.

Jun 27, 2016
Ok, so not Jim Steranko, which would have been my first guess, but I gots it! (Google actually led me back here, oddly enough.) JimInks I'm sure I have something with your name on it in a long-box in my attic somewhere, ha!

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
JinInk's reviews on TR.C must be a Guinness Worlds Record for different blends tried.
He surpassed Pipestud many months back. Congrats :clap:

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Jim is an asset for all of us and you'll never speak to a finer gentleman.
I agree! I watch his reviews and if what he says hits my buttons, I'm ordering a pound worth! An upstanding human being...

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
For which I'm grateful, because I learn about tobaccos to try, not to mention tobaccos to try in succession, kind of like a tasting menu.
That's the point of a WAYS thread, sharing with others the tobaccos that one finds enjoyable to smoke.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Try Googling Jim Amash. :wink:
4677621388_8f2afc49a3.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Looks like one of the guys to me. :puffy: You all have seen me. Much more frightening! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.