Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Jim Lilley

(11 posts)
  1. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Does anyone know how Jim Lilley is doing? I used to follow his Peterson Blog and this past fall he found he was unable to keep doing it due to Alziemers. I wondered if anyone knew Jim or his family and could give us an update. He is a fine gentleman and did a lot of work for the pipe world.

Thanks,

Piper

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. mrenglish

mrenglish

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I do not think he is doing that well. His family is selling his Peterson's thru eBay.

Michael
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. cleidophoros

cleidophoros

Banned

Login to Send PM

He started posting again lately.
    http://btheinternationalpetersonpipeclub.runboard.com/t1370

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. bentmike

bentmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Fine gentleman indeed! Jim's Pete collection is mind boggling. Got me interested in Peterson Pipes and history.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks Guys, Great to see Jim is still lingering on the forums its nice to hear his collection will be displayed for all to see. If you are lurking here Jim all the best my friend hope by some miracle things turn around for you.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I was pleased to read that Jim Lilley's world renowned Sandpiper Collection of Petersons probably will not be auctioned off as originally expected.

Apparently, Tom Palmer of Peterson has "enthusiastically accepted" the Lilley family's suggestion that it would seem much more appropriate for the collection to be housed "in perpetuity" at Peterson's shop/museum on Nassau Street in Dublin.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Good move by Peterson.

Al

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was pleased to read that Jim Lilley's world renowned Sandpiper Collection of Petersons probably will not be auctioned off as originally expected.

Apparently, Tom Palmer of Peterson has "enthusiastically accepted" the Lilley family's suggestion that it would seem much more appropriate for the collection to be housed "in perpetuity" at Peterson's shop/museum on Nassau Street in Dublin.

Great to know. Sorry to hear of his troubles with alzheimer's. My brother-in-law is dealing with that now and it's tough on everyone.

"Be seeing you"

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. mrenglish

mrenglish

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That is certainly nice of Peterson to accept those pipes. That has to be one awesome Peterson collection.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't believe I know the Gentleman, but I am sad to hear he is not well. I would dearly love to see a site of his collection. Is there one that someone could provide a link to?

If at first you don't succeed, have another bowl.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  11. bentmike

bentmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The Peterson Pipe Connoisseur & Collector

Mr. Lilley also contributed a huge amount to the Peterson Pipedia pages. Peterson on Pipedia

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   landon, weezell, framitz, sugarcane1, cdsmith, jguss, woodsroad, gigger48, antbauers, soymilkisgood, gadgetech, bigc, tuckahoe, pitchfork, sparks