PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Yesterday, Sept. 20, marked the 44th anniversary of Jim Croce's passing. Turns out Jim Croce had one song he recorded with just himself and his guitar, but never got to record it for an album. This is the last song he wrote and his son A.J. and Vince Gill have recorded it. Here's a peek at what might have been next for Jim had he lived, though I'm sure it would have sounded different than this version does. Hope Jim's version shows up sometime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IOwFZK3ycc

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Thanks for posting. It's a good song and I can hear him singing it. I think he would of had it a little higher tempo. Brings back childhood memories. :)

Jan 8, 2013
Nice jam! Sounds like a Jim Croce song to me. It would have been nice to hear Vince Gill add his voice to the song though.

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
I like it a lot. Jim Croce had some great tunes. I heard an interview with AJ a few months ago on the radio and he sounded like a really down to earth guy. I got online to check him out and was floored. Besides losing his dad as a baby, he went blind as a toddler from abuse from his mother's boyfriend.He did get some vision back.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Thanks for posting...glad I got to hear this. Jim Croce songs were a huge part of early childhood.
Besides losing his dad as a baby, he went blind as a toddler from abuse from his mother's boyfriend.He did get some vision back.
God that’s horrible. I’d never heard about that...good to know he’s recovered some sight.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I had a Croce guitar song book showing the chords.

I didn't know how to play much of anything, but I managed to learn most of "Bad Leroy Brown" "Carwash Blues" and a nice taste of "Time in a Bottle"

I play a right handed guitar, left handed.

I smoke a pipe.

big fan of vince gill!

Status
Not open for further replies.