PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
With tomorrow being the 50th anniversary of President Kennedy's assassination, I am wondering who believes JFK was murdered by Lee Harvey Oswald, either alone or as part of a conspiracy? Reading the polls, it seems that the vast majority of Americans believe there was a conspiracy to kill the President, but the number is a little lower than it was a few years back. What do you think?

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
I think there was a conspiracy. I also strongly believe 9/11 was a conspiracy of sorts after I studied into it. This world scares the hell out of me sometimes.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Did anyone see that Smoking Gun? Had a new twist, supposedly from declassified info. That there was a coverup, but not what everyone would think. That the fatal shot actually came from the secret service weapon, accidently discharged as the car started to floor it. And the secret service guy was in mid turn to return fire at Oswald.
But I think the Mafia did it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lee Oswald's life was so disordered and peculiar, his relocations and his many attempts to gain favor to

emigrate, and so forth, I don't think any of the potential factions who might have "used" him as a torpedo

could have trusted him -- not the KGB, CIA, the mob, racists, or whoever. He was too emotional, flighty,

and undecided about who he was. He'd be comic and pathetic if he weren't an assassin. I can think of

a long list of people who wanted JFK out of the way, including LBJ and a long, long list of Joe and Bobby

Kennedy's enemies. I don't think anyone who was a serious threat would have selected Lee to do "the job,"

or any job.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
One of my best friends owns a demolition company in Toronto and was a bomb disposal expert in the Army. He stated there is NO way a building the size of the twin towers could come straight down the way it happened without weeks of preperation. Certainly not from a plane flying into it. He is not a conspiricy theorist but regardless of who blew it up he is 100% sure it was explosives. He was even able to show me a slowed down video showing the cutter charges that blew out of the main supports in the corners. In fact that building was designed to withstand an impact like a plane given its height and location. Certainly gives one pause for thought.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Joe DiMaggio love monroe till his death. He hated the Kennedys for the way they treated her and blamed them for her death. Frank Sinatra help JFK get elected, but then he turned his back on him. Frank was friends with DiMaggio. Any connection?
Towers! There has to be more to the story!
Pearl Harbor! Why were the carriers away, ungaurded, on a "training" exercise.
CONSPIRACYS are so much fun!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One mentally unstable trained Marine Corps marksman could probably do it. It's not much

of an explanation, and accepting it makes me, and most people, feel pretty gullible, but it's

plausible. Now that I've said it, there will undoubtedly be historical documents showing that

it was planned, Oswald was planted and scripted in all his wacky travels, and the perpetrators

all died in their sleep at the age of 97.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
It was a Coup D'etat by forces within the government, which eventually became a cover-up within a cover-up - in short, an enigma wrapped up in a mystery. No doubt, one of history's most well kept secrets.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Considering that the second Warren Commission concluded that there was likely a second gunman says a lot. Consider also that Oswald was murdered before any trial by a known mobster and that Oswald himself said he was a patsy.
I've read a few books on the theory and when you examine the evidence, it's difficult to believe Oswald acted alone. In regards to who did it, Andrew Summers argued it was the mob. I heard one researcher claim he interviewed LBJ's secretary shortly before she died who claimed that LBJ, along with Nixon and other top politicians were in a closed door meeting shortly before the assassination. She supposedly said that when LBJ exited the meeting he muttered "that SOB won't bother us anymore".
Of course this last part is all hearsay, but without question there were plenty of powerful people who would gain from JFKs death.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I'm a fan of crime and the mob ... so I happen to LIKE the idea that the mob was behind it. His connections with his father's prohibition day pals to help get him in the White House and the subsequent squeeze on organized crime while president is a plausible reason why they would have him assassinated.
Who knows what happened. Every theory I have heard has its pros and cons, I just LIKE the mafia plot the best.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I don't know what this means, but CS Lewis, pipeman extraordinaire, and best friend of fellow novelist JRR Tolkien, both members of the Oxford "inklings", died on 22 November 1963 at the age of 64 - the exact same day President JF Kennedy was assassinated.

easygoer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2013
Don't forgot Aldous Huxley author of Brave New World also died on that day.

fishingandpipes

Aug 24, 2013
OK guys, I'm sorry, I'm sick of reading this shit and I'm ready to give up just to not hear about it any more.
I did it. It was me. I'm ready to give up and I'm sorry.
Can we drop it now?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It was a Coup D'etat
Most certainly. And it’s really not much of a secret...voluminous, credible research is out there telling pretty much the whole story.
Lee Oswald's life was so disordered and peculiar, his relocations and his many attempts to gain favor to

emigrate, and so forth, I don't think any of the potential factions who might have "used" him as a torpedo

could have trusted him -- not the KGB, CIA, the mob, racists, or whoever. He was too emotional, flighty,

and undecided about who he was. He'd be comic and pathetic if he weren't an assassin. I can think of

a long list of people who wanted JFK out of the way, including LBJ and a long, long list of Joe and Bobby

Kennedy's enemies. I don't think anyone who was a serious threat would have selected Lee to do "the job,"

or any job.
Yes...and that resume made Oswald the perfect man for one job: patsy. Which is exactly what he said he was.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I don't believe Lee Harvey Oswald took down the Twin Trade Towers by himself, he had to have help. Most likely from the people that faked the moon landing.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
It was most definitely a Coup D'etat spearheaded by the military industrial complex who knew Kennedy was going to stop the Viet Nam war. The murder was committed by the CIA, Cuban Nationalists, and members of the mob. Oswald was the patsy, Ruby killed him to keep him from talking and it was one of the saddest days in American history.

Status
Not open for further replies.