PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
Im just about to watch the JFK movie with Kevin Costner. The good thing; alot of pipe smoking in that one.
But what is your take on the Kennedy assasination? It has been quite some conspiracy theory`s about it in the States?

geirove

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2014
254fe2925653c94e79b74c2d50724773.jpg

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Mob and CIA there, Kennedy made enemies with people after his father got him elected. Speculation, but highly probable.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Good movie and a lot of pipes in it as well.
As for the assassination I've always thought the mob and the CIA were both involved somehow.
Recently watched a documentary that theorizes it was an accident by a Secret Service agent in the car behind him. He heard the shot, grabbed the sniper rifle, and when the driver put the breaks on he accidentally fired the gun. This theory has Oswald hitting JFK with the first shot that went through President Kennedy and into the Governor who was seated in front of him.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
Lone gunman. I'm one of them "sheeple" you read about. What's the singular of sheeple? Shear-son?

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
The assassination of a sitting President is a spirit crushing blow to the citizenry.

How many 'right' leaning prominent public figures have been assassinated?

After JFK, there was also Martin and Bobby.

FOUL!

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Johnson probably had those two whacked as well, the evil SOB. Anyway, while I wouldn't consider JFK to be an extreme right-wing fanatic, he wasn't super-hard to the left, either. I would consider Bobby, and then Teddy, to be far more left-leaning than JFK.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Only read poorly presented nd constructed conjecture so no opinion either way. The history of political assassination in the US leads me to favor the up front "one man with a rifle." I would have to see concrete evidence of a conspiracy. Neither the "mob" nor the CIA function well under the harsh light of publicity. They shun such as much as possible. I've not read of a "wrong" or a motivators which would make such an action attractive to otherwise secretive organizations. Doesn't add up. I need proof, not speculation by people intending to make money or gain notoriety from their opinions. Getting elected to the presidency means putting on a big target every morning before going out to meet your adoring public, some of whom are not so adoring.
People kill people for, what to most of us are, very flimsy reasons. It's what people do. It didn't happen on my watch nor, in my jurisdiction so I do not give it much thought.
That said, conspiracy theories can be very entertaining at gatherings of like minded people. And the press loves a good theory, especially on a slow news day. Gotta sell papers, gotta pay the help!

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
While I am intrigued by the JFK assassination, I hated watching that movie. Creepy/perverted crap made me turn it off. I'm of the opinion that JFK killing was a plot. To many it was a sad day, to others a good day.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I'll just take any opportunity to bag on Johnson. I have no legitimate reason to think he was actually involved. I'd blame him for polio if I thought I could get away with it. Just figured I'd have a little malicious fun since somebody cracked open a nice fresh can o' worms for me. :twisted:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I was in my second year of High School in 1963. The events of Sept 2001 were similar to that day for me. Soul crushing despondency and a vague awareness of helplessness in the face of corrupt expressions of power and opportunity.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Yeah, I certainly wouldn't advise anyone to take it as a documentary, that's for sure. I did think it was entertaining, but hell, that's what movies are for.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
All I know is, if your brains fly out the back of your head, then you are shot from the front.
Just sayin'.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I have always been shocked at the number of people who cite "JFK" when trying to bolster some per theory of theirs.
Occam's Razor strongly supports the idea that LHO acted alone. It is up to the conspiracy schemers to present some proof for their ideas. They have had 50 years and all they have is conjecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.