PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodo

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 1, 2014
Central Arkansas
It occurred to me the other day: since JF Germain seems to struggle to bring enough Stonehaven et al to market, what about going to visit them? Jersey isn't the easiest destination spot so I was hoping someone here could provide intel. Anyone been to visit the factory? Besides the (maybe) chance of actually buying some tobacco, it would be a trip into tobacco history. They are still in the same building since 1820! Okay, probably a vain idyll to imagine returning home with a suitcase full of Stonehaven and Kingsbridge (and not paying taxes!) but a nice idyll all the same. So, who has been?

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"..imagine returning home with a suitcase full of Stonehaven"
Then having to deal with Customs!
I wish you all the best on your jolly, please send me a poscard from Alcatraz :wink:
Regards,
Jay.

rodo

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 1, 2014
Central Arkansas
No doubt, Customs would take a grim view of a bag full of Jersey's finest. I don't think I'd mind paying duty on the stuff. It would be worth it to 1) get to go and visit and see the factory and 2) have a goodly supply.
I actually emailed them once to ask a question about product and they replied. A year later I emailed them to ask about my visiting and got no reply. So I'm guessing it is a no.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I'd love to visit. Next time I'm in Brittany visiting my in-laws I'll have think about taking the ferry to Jersey. :puffy:
Although I have to say from the outside you wouldn't even know they are there. I was just looking at their location via google's street view.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
I'd be surprised if you could buy Stonehaven there, even in the very unlikely event that they had some lying around. It's a custom blend, part of the Esoterica line, and not, I think, available anywhere but the States. Ditto the Sobranie reboot done for Arango. Does anyone know differently?

Status
Not open for further replies.