PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I just recently opened a tin of Medium Flake. It is suppose to be a flake so I expected it to be beef jerky strips but it was thinly rubbed ribbons squashed into the small tin it came in. So I teased out a bowl full after drying and loaded up in a 66 Dunhill size 4 shell briar. It had that wonderful aroma of fig, raisin, bread smell. It really tastes nice. Some of the reviews I've read talk about all this citrus flavor like it has orange juice for casing and I don't find it at all. It has a natural sweetness that does not bite and is so good I ordered 10 more for aging and look forward to how well it smokes then. I highly recommend.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
Your review cuts out all that poetic "hints of lemon like soda and a wisp of Carmel" stuff I see so often. Short and to the point, good on ya'.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
Thanks for the compliment. I don't have the pallet education to discern all those flavors people talk about. Which is the reason I don't do reviews on the other thread. It's damn good and I recommend it is really all I can tell ya.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
I haven't tried their medium flake. Just RDF and special Latakia flake. Based on your review I will buy a few tins.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
Unfortunately, I have not had the pleasure of Stonehaven. However RDF is delightful. Smooth, nutty and a hint of what I believe is cognac. It is one of my go to blends and thankfully is readily available in the UK. It is the only blend that I have dedicated a pipe to, my Peterson Dracula 221.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I have had a tin of medium flake in the cellar for quite some time. I will pop it next.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I am amazed you did not pick up the hints of coriander and ginger that this flake is noted for along with the backbone of Elderberry. lol
Sounds like a nice blend, thanks for a real review.

Status
Not open for further replies.