Jesse Jones Bamboo Bent Billiard (3 piece design)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Picked this up at the KC show this past weekend. Besides world-class workmanship (JJ is a perfection-chaser), the design is notable in that even though it's a bent, the airway enters the chamber at 90-degrees like a straight pipe. Then disassembly allows the airway to be reamed at some future date (which always becomes necessary sooner or later).
Flat out brilliant, imo. :D
Jones_1.jpg

Jones_2.jpg

Jones_3.jpg

Jones_4.jpg

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Nice pick up George! I have three of his pipes I commissioned and they're all amazing! Great lookers and great smokers! Was that his contest entry? I didn't get a look at it before the show.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
"This awe inspiring beauty of bend and bamboo was originally created for the GKCPC American Carver Contest. Unfortunately it was not selected for the final set, however it was sold before the night was over! This pipe is actually 3 pieces - separating at the stem/bamboo and again at the bamboo/stummel transitions just as a way to keep this well engineered blonde bombshell easily maintained."

Very nice George! Jesse truly does some very impressive work. :D
https://www.blueroombriars.com/collections/jesse-jones-pipes

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Jesse's homage to the Sven Knudsen Walrus shape left me EXTREMELY impressed.
https://www.blueroombriars.com/collections/jesse-jones-pipes/products/jesse-jones-pipe-sandblast-walrus

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Nice pickup, I also have a 3 piece design bamboo shank by Jesse. A 6 knuckle bamboo shank, blasted black Egg bowled Demi-Warden pipe with Juma stem, an excellent smoker

banjo
35990936706_02b2af040c_z_d.jpg

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I own 3 of Jesse's pipes and two of the three are among my best smoking pipes. I've not smoked the third one yet. So many pipes, so little time... :(

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
What a beauty!
Is the tenon that connects the bamboo to the stummel made from vulcanite or what? This design has me thinking...

chiefwannapuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2017
I do like it. I agree with Ken, that's a good reference. Ken, I think that he might run a rod through the entire length. I have some bamboo root and it easily soft and flexible, (at the least my samples are, and I feel that they would need support).

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Interesting. You have me hooked on the bamboo idea. I need to chop some larger diameter stuff to play with too.

Status
Not open for further replies.