Jerry Zenn Bamboo Calabash Poker & PAD Attack (pic heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia

WOW! Today has been a hell of a day! My much anticipated pipes have arrived and to top it all off I was awarded Corpsman of the Quarter for my entire regiment. Morale and Thankfulness are very high today! Now... On to the pipes!!!
Phil! Hey guys, Phil (phil67) is one heck of a guy. Shout out to Phil for taking on the challenge of shipping a beautiful Altinok Lee Van Cleef meerschaum all the way across the world, into the untrackable abyss that is the APO/FPO address. I believe this was a first for Phil, but he delivered! (pun intended) He really went out of his way to get it here, and for that I am eternally grateful!

Next up! The Danish acorn style Ehrlich that I won has arrived and it is beautiful! It's almost exactly the same length as my Brigham Country Club, half the weight, and twice as elegant. Very comfortable in the hand and you can tell right off that bat that it has NOT seen very many smokes. I'm looking very forward to this one.

BIG Thanks to Jerry Zenn for making such a great pipe and just being an all out really cool guy to talk to. I expressed my interest in one of Jerry's pipes some time ago and he was very quick to contact me and point me to the right people. I look forward to meeting you someday.
I dont know if any of you are familiar with Chris over at iBriar.com but Chris is a really good dude. Huge props to him for reserving the pipe before he ever had them in stock and shipping the pipe to me before it ever even hit the website. And an Oorah for supporting the troops and hooking us up with a sweet ass discount and throwing in a little something extra!
Now, Jerry Zenn's Bamboo Calabash Poker! Chris was nice enough to throw in an extra bowl (see pics) for me to dedicate to another tobacco or just as a backup. This pipe is awesome! The bamboo makes this pipe very light weight but you can tell that it's VERY sturdy. The bowl itself is a nice tight fit and there are no secrets to the drilling in this pipe, making it super easy to clean. For the first smoke I chose Dunhill My Mixture 965. It was one of the most successful first smokes I've had yet. The flavor of the tobacco came right through and the smoke was dry all the way till the end. I'm really glad I got a hold of this beauty. Happy Smokes Gents!

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
First of all, congratulations on your award! I'm sure it was well deserved. Great choice of pipes, love the bamboo calabash poker (never thought those words would be in the same pipe description)! Hope you enjoy them and they treat you well!

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Nice, you'll remember being SOQ for a long time with those delightful friends to remind you, smoke 'em in good health and thanks for your service.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Corpsman of the Quarter is no joke, congrats Doc. I went up for Marine of the Quarter twice, yet never got it.
Enjoy those pipes my friend. Makes celebrating your achievement even sweeter.
Ooh-rah

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
For your service, a huge THANK YOU! I'm digging the Poker-Bash of yours. It's a very interesting pipe and I'd love to hear more of what you think as you smoke it some more. A great day indeed!

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
You'll love it from the first smoke. My only recommendation is to take your time with it because it's hard to judge the heat of the bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.