Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Jeremy Reeves. Jeremy is the Production Manager & Head Blender at Cornell & Diehl, which is one of the most popular boutique pipe tobacco companies in the USA. Jeremy has been a pipe smoker for over a decade and is passionate about pipes, pipe tobacco, and blending tobacco. He has experience as a retail tobacco store manager and has also been a chef, both of which apply greatly to his creating new tobacco blends. In "Pipe Parts", We will continue our summer series on the history of tobacco.
jeremy-cornell-and-diehl.jpg

Jeremy Reeves - Production Manager & Head Blender at Cornell & Diehl

Photo courtesy of TobaccoPipes.com

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Sounds really interesting. If only I could listen while smoking a pipe...I have to settle for listening while painting my daughter's room purple.
Sheesh.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Enjoyed the interview with Jeremy Reeves of Cornell & Diehl. His life story with its various jobs and relocations has had an inspiring arc toward his current position as head blender at C&D. I was fascinated by the amount of hand labor that goes into stripping leaf, and I also was much intrigued by his comments on Perique's role in enhancing aging in Virginia and other blends. I've always associated C&D with their unique appreciation of and creativity with burley in blends, but Jeremy's interview expanded my sense of the variety of blends they do. Credit to Jeremy's wife for prompting him to apply for a job clear across the country and taking up his current calling.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Bump this one to give people another look-see. Jeremy has an interesting story. He's bounced around a lot, but has found a niche with C&D.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Since I work for Roy Rogers Restaurants, you choice of a closing song always makes me smile. (and if you fast forward thru it, you might just miss a parting shot funny from Brian)

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
What's all that delicious goodness he is testing?
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/radio-talk-show/the-pipes-magazine-radio-show-episode-152/

Status
Not open for further replies.